Did you know?
As a 365 day/year operation, full-time candidates are expected to provide flexible availability to support year-round operating needs. This may include, but is not limited to, working opening, mid-day and closing shifts during peak and non-peak seasons, as well as weekends and holidays. This position includes the following benefits:
Paid Time Off- Vacation, Optional Holidays, and Sick pay
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
Legal Assistance Plan
SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets
SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!Requirements and Competencies
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 6 months irrigation experience
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and be able to obtain a company driver’s license
- Must have basic knowledge of cutting, assembling and gluing irrigation piping, sprinkler head operation and adjustment, and operation of irrigation controllers
- Must be proficient in using a shovel for digging holes, trenches and working around other utilities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in water up to chin deep with flotation device in order to maintain horticultural displays adjacent to waterways
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to bend, kneel and climb repetitively
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 50 pounds
- Perform tasks related to the operation, repair and installation of the park’s irrigation systems
- Perform diverse horticultural, grounds keeping and greenhouse tasks including but not limited to watering, weeding, planting, transplanting, pruning, mulching, and mowing
- Perform construction and installation tasks including but not limited to retention walls, pavement, irrigation, etc.
- Assist with keeping records of daily work activities
- Operate equipment (with training), including but not limited to mowers, augers, trimmers, shears, tillers, utility carts, water tanks, tractors, forklift, etc.
- Responsible for truck and trailer operation
- Perform tasks related to cold-weather protection as well as preparation for storms, including repair work for any weather damage or other damage
- Perform cleaning tasks so as to maintain a safe, clean professional workplace and other miscellaneous duties as required