Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!Requirements and Competencies
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to bend, kneel and climb repetitively
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 50 pounds
- Must be comfortable with heights
- Must be comfortable working around chemicals
- Must be comfortable working around fumes/dust/odor
- Must be comfortable with exposure to noise, vibrations and motion
- Must be able to train on and properly use protective gear
- Must be able to work indoors/outdoors in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
- Must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts; nights, weekends, and holidays
- A current State of Florida Pesticide Applicators License preferred
- Previous pest control experience
- Experience in identifying pests and determining control measures as well as mixing applying, clean-up and recording all pest control operations
- 2 years guest service experience preferred
- Perform tasks related to the identification and treatment of landscape and other pests and weeds
- Perform diverse horticultural, grounds keeping and greenhouse tasks including but not limited to watering, weeding, planting, transplanting, pruning, mulching, and mowing
- Perform construction and installation tasks including but not limited to retention walls, pavement, irrigation, etc.
- Assist management in training and advising ambassadors on technical aspects of Pest Control duties and grounds keeping operations
- Assist with keeping records of daily work activities
- Operate equipment: mowers, augers, trimmers, shears, tillers, utility carts, water tanks, tractors, forklift, etc.
- Responsible for truck and trailer operation
- Perform tasks related to cold-weather protection as well as preparation for storms, including repair work for any weather damage or other damage
- Perform cleaning tasks so as to maintain a safe, clean professional workplace and other miscellaneous duties as required
- Perform other duties as assigned