Did you know?
In order to be considered for part-time opportunities, candidates must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business needs. This may include working opening, mid-day, closing shifts, weekends and holidays.
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!
Requirements and Competencies
• At least 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Able to learn to operate MPR registers and Point of Sale systems, and book interactions in Global Reservation system
• Able to communicate effectively with ambassadors and guests, and provide exceptional guest service with a willingness to initiate sales interactions
• Able to adhere to all standard safety guidelines and protocols established by Zoological Operations
• Comfortable and able to handle raw seafood and shellfish
• Able to work both in a team environment and independently with little to no supervision
• Able to maintain composure in stressful situations and adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Comfortable working around water and animals
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 100 pounds
• Able to bend, reach, twist, and turn with full flexibility, and move freely around work areas
• Comfortable with completing all duties, including use of cleaning chemicals
• Able to train on and properly use protective gear
• Comfortable with exposure to noise and vibrations
• Comfortable working around dust/fumes/odor
• Able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
• Available to work varying shifts/hours based in business need, to include opening, mid-day and closing shifts; nights, weekends and holidays
• Valid state driver’s license with ability to obtain a company driver’s license
• Previous cash handling and MPR register experience
• Previous experience working with animals
• Previous experience in a guest-facing position
• Sell animal food to guests at various feeder booths throughout the park
• Make recommendations for products and experiences that will enhance a guest’s park visit and result in a sale
• Properly utilize enhanced sales techniques, actively sell and upsell animal experiences
• Provide accurate cash handling and accounting of sales and follow department loss prevention procedures
• Represent SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment in a positive light in all guest interactions by providing excellent customer service
• Perform daily opening and closing routine duties effectively
• Perform basic husbandry tasks including, but not limited to, food preparation and distribution, inventory, record keeping, basic observations and reporting
• Maintain all equipment used on a daily basis
• Maintain a safe and sanitary working area for food preparation and storage in accordance with USDA safety standards
• Observe guests to ensure the safety of the animals and guests
• Keep leadership informed of any concerns
• Perform other duties as assigned