Emergency Medical Technician
Do you have a passion for helping others? Have you always wanted to be the one people turn to in their time of need? We’re looking for dedicated, diligent and compassionate individuals to provide exceptional medical services to our guests and team members.What you get to do:
The EMT provides emergency medical care to ambassadors and park guests, teaches safety and prevention, and provides care for workers compensation cases. All ambassadors enthusiastically represent SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.You will also:
What it takes to succeed:
- Respond to medical emergencies throughout the park.
- Assesses injuries or illness, administers appropriate treatment and complete paperwork for ambassadors and guests.
- Administer ongoing care to ambassadors with workers compensation injuries.
- Consult with physicians to make appointments and arrange care for ambassadors.
- Perform daily checks on safety and rescue equipment.
- Report safety hazards in the park to necessary personnel.
- Participate in department training and drills.
The perks of the position:
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR health care provider card (HCP).
- San Diego County EMT or Paramedic Certification.
- Submit to annual respiratory physical.
- Six months of related experience providing BLS patient care excluding volunteer work.
- Able to respond to patient needs and make sound decisions.
- Able to represent the company and communicate to doctors and insurance representatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as medical doses and shots, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Able to work weekends, evenings, overnight shifts and holidays.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Able to work indoors and in outside weather conditions (i.e. sunny, wet, and/or humid conditions)
- Able to positively interact with park guests and co-workers of all ages different ethnic/cultural background and/or languages and individuals with special needs.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!