Did you know?
At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 38,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team! What you get to do:
Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!What you get to do:
As a Tour guide you will; create a narrative experience for the guests as they safely navigate on-stage and behind the scenes areas of the park to meet and interact with our ambassador animals. The ideal candidate will have a passion for guest service, conservation of wildlife and wild places, and storytelling
What it takes to succeed:
- Facilitate guided behind-the-scenes tours for public guests and private groups, to include VIP guests and for consumer events such as Howl-O-Scream and Christmas Celebration.
- Assist with set-up, check in, runner, seat saving at shows, and breakdown.
- Deliver education narrations at animal exhibits throughout the park.
- Operate candy distribution locations and other operational needs throughout the park during consumer events.
- Organize, inventory, and prepare materials for educational tours.
- Serve as a tours concierge for various locations throughout the park.
- Ensures safety of guests at animal exhibits throughout the park, while conducting informative and engaging animal presentations.
- Maintain professional quality standards with guest interactions in times of high stress.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with Ambassadors, Vendors and our Guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What else is important:
- At least 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college coursework preferred.
- Demonstrate high quality guest service skills.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Able to demonstrate strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpretation and storytelling experience.
- Able to successfully complete all legal, company, and department training requirements to include, but not limited to, passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
- Full availability each day of the week, with end times as late as 2:00 am throughout all the consumer events for the entire duration of the Seasonal role from August 1st - January 31st.
- Able to follow all park and departmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with all SEA grooming and safety guidelines.
- Perform the following physical activities: kneeling, bending, squatting, bend floor-to waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead, simple grasp and fine hand manipulation tasks (use of tools/keyboard/writing).
The perks of the position:
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Position engages in extensive walking and standing throughout work shift.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat. Position may be exposed to fumes, dust, odors, and cold/heat temperature extremes.
- Hours worked will vary based on event/business needs Work a flexible schedule/hour based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team!
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!