Responsible for the daily operation of the Rides Maintenance area. Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job. What you get to do:
- Oversees daily work assignments and quality of work output.
- Works closely with Ride Operations team to ensure ride uptime.
- Ensures employee performance standards of low and medium voltage electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic, maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment and PLC as needed.
- Ensure new-hire and retraining is provided.
- Performs Quality Assurance Inspection on rides, attractions and elevators.
- Writes and reviews standard operating procedures.
- Participates SEA ride audits
- Ensures regulatory documents and requirements adherence.
- Facilitates repairs of equipment with outside vendors.
- Monitors rest breaks, meal periods and schedule adjustments; records and verbally counsels dependability as needed.
- Contributes feedback to annual performance reviews; may deliver supervisor-approved annual performance appraisals.
- Communicates effectively; leads daily work meetings; positively conveys company priorities and upcoming events.
- Listens and responds to employee concerns; positively resolves workplace issues.
- Ensures excellent customer service by anticipating and responding to customer requirements, expectations, and needs.
- Schedules labor as budgeted.
What it takes to succeed:
- Maintains a safe work environment and sake work practices are followed; ensures employees receive all required safety training, equipment and supplies.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Have at least three years of Rides Maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have an Amusement Rides Inspector Certification or Maintenance Technician Certification (AIMS) within 2 years.
- Have a SeaWorld San Diego Rides Maintenance certification.
- Have a valid California driver's license; out of state residents, active military, their dependents and students, must have a valid driver’s license from their state of residency and provide a copy of the DMV report.
- Have proficient knowledge of English language with excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to read, analyze and interpret manuals, reports, and documents.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to include team building, inspiration, negotiation, leadership skills and ability to resolve issues.
- Able to positively interact with guests and co-workers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or language and individuals with special needs.
- Able to successfully work in and lead a team and collaborate with other functions and departments to complete job duties.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Outlook, Excel Word)
- Proficiency in job related systems such as SAP, Park Ware, Kronos, and TMM preferred.
- Have strong mathematical skills such as conversions, measuring, and calculating areas and or volume.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills, able to handle multiple tasks in face-pace work environment.
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot issues.
- Able to work around moving mechanical parts, at heights up to 320 feet, and in confined spaces.
- Have a thorough operational knowledge or rides maintenance procedures and methods.
- Pass a maintenance exam on all the rides to be maintained.
- Able to use hand tools and precision measuring devices.
- Able to operate mechanical devices such as forklifts, cranes, small boats, electric carts and manlifts.
- Able to frequently stand for long periods of time, walk, sit, talk, see, smell, hear, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions such as wet, humid and direct sunlight.
- Able to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include early morning, late evening , weekends and holidays.
The Perks of the Position:
- Occasional travel required
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Join the team:
- Employee Assistance Program
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!