At SeaWorld, our mission is to promote a safe and healthy environment for all employees and guests visiting our park, through the involvement of all individuals with regards to education, communication, and safe work practices. SEA’s Safety Culture is the foundation of our success. We are committed, individually and as a team, to protecting the safety and health of our ambassadors, our guests, and our animals. Safety is our nature.
What you get to do:
As a Senior Safety Specialist, you will assist the EHS Management team in overseeing the Safety Programs and performance of SeaWorld San Diego and Sesame Place California. You will:
· Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local safety regulations and adherence to industry best practices & company directives.
· Coordinate and lead safety training and programs for ambassadors across both parks.
· Analyze safety trends and make recommendations to park leaders.
· Assist the EHS Manager with the accident investigation program.
· Audit safety programs and safety performance of SeaWorld San Diego and Sesame Place as well as off-site facilities.
· Assist in drafting programs that address the safety needs of SeaWorld Sand Diego and Sesame Place California.
· Assist the EHS Manager with projects / tasks.
· Communicate professionally and effectively with ambassadors, vendors, and our Guests
· Perform other duties as assigned
What it takes to succeed:
· Demonstrated experience working with and advising multiple layers of management (supervisors through executives).
· Demonstrated experience analyzing and reporting trends to leadership levels preferred.
· Proven computer skills in Microsoft or windows based programs required.
· Experience in safety, public liability or related fields preferred.
· Experience in a theme park operations preferred.
What else is important:
· Implementation and standardization of internal company programs.
· Job safety analysis - conduct self-inspection programs, contactor safety audits, safety leadership participation
· Conduct facility audits & inspections to ensure regulatory compliance, documentation & fire prevention efforts
· Regulatory compliance and company directive compliance such as OSHA - Lock-out tag out, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, etc.
· Assist departmental leadership in facilitating accident investigations to include root cause determination and corrective actions or guidance to mitigate recurrence for both ambassador and guest incidents.
· Assist departments in understanding employee target injuries, trend analysis, root cause analysis and take action once root cause is identified.
· Identify areas and trends of injuries and coordinate corrective action.
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you will enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, and great teammates, as well as:
· SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
· SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
· Employee Assistance Program
Join the team:
If you are looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we are looking for you!