At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 38,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team! What you get to do:
As a Senior Filtration Mechanic, you will operate, maintain, and repair all water filtration systems and equipment for our waterpark attractions. This includes attraction inspections, troubleshooting equipment, monitoring, and managing water chemistry makeup, and documenting all activities and occurrences. Train and coach new employees, manage projects, and assist leaders with the daily activities. You will:
What it takes to succeed:
- Perform all tasks related to the maintenance of the saltwater and freshwater systems such as filter, pump, valve, and piping, etc.
- Perform advanced filter and plumbing repairs.
- Recognize normal system/equipment operations, required action, and notification, plus involvement in preventative maintenance programs.
- Perform proper water chemistry testing and understand results as it pertains to all systems.
- Maintain record of activities performed during shift.
- Perform and assist with general maintenance of park facilities.
- Comply with all department and corporate safety guidelines and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits, including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Follow standards of work area cleanliness both in the life support systems and display areas.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with Ambassadors, *Vendors, and our Guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain Certified Pool Operator or Aquatic Facility Operator certification.
- Have advanced knowledge and experience in mechanics or have previous experience as a Filtration Mechanic.
- At least 3-4 years operational experience in an aquatic life support facility or other water treatment facility.
- Advanced knowledge of water analysis and the ability to make the necessary adjustments to maintain water balance.
- Understanding of the operation, advanced troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of various types of pumps and related equipment.
- Ability to assess scope of work for a job, develop list of materials, parts, and equipment.
What else is important:
- Advance experience in the use and care of all hand tools and specialty tools.
- Ability to interpret piping system layouts, make up and glue all types of PVC pipe.
- Ability to complete all legal, company and department training requirements.
The perks of the position:
- Able to frequently lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Position engages in extensive walking and standing throughout entire work shift and climb/ascend heights.
- Perform the following physical activities: kneeling, bending, squatting, bend floor-to waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead, simple grasp and fine hand manipulation tasks (use of tools/keyboard/writing)
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat. Position may be exposed to noise, vibrations, and motion fumes, dust, odors, and cold/heat temperature extremes.
- Perform cleaning duties, including use of cleaning chemicals.
- Work a flexible schedule / hours based on business needs, to include opening, mid, and closing shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be comfortable working around chemicals.
- Must be able to work in/around water.
- Must be flexible in work locations as placement will depend on business needs and career development opportunities.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team!
- Paid Time Off- Vacation, Optional Holidays, and Sick pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Complimentary Park Tickets
- Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!