Busch Gardens is a place of thrills, fun and positive, lasting memories. And that’s just what it’s like to work here! As a key member of our team, you’ll play a major role in bringing happiness and excitement to people from around the world. If you’re dedicated, dependable and driven to deliver exceptional guest service, this is place for you!What you get to do
What it takes to succeed
- Perform maintenance of park turf, ornamentals and annual, including fertilization, fungicide, herbicide, preventative, and curative turf management program.
- Operate pesticide sprayers, spreaders and related equipment for safe application of pesticides.
- Maintain adequate records daily to conform to all Federal, State, Local and Busch Gardens requirements; accurate inventory and file records on all chemicals on-site.
- Conduct inspections of park ornamentals, annual, turf and trees to monitor effectiveness of pest management program.
- Advise Supervisor immediately of any pest or disease conditions which might endanger the overall health and vigor of turf, color and ornamental plantings and trees on BGW properties.
- Operates all equipment related to turf renovations, as well as backhoes, loaders, mowers, tractors, forklifts, large trucks, leaf vacuums and mulch machines.
- Perform any and all other landscape and park duties as needed
- Responsible for the safe and proper operation of all vehicles, equipment and tools.
- Ability to work outside in extreme heat, cold and damp temperatures.
- Begin work at early morning hours. Have weekend and holiday availability.
- Physical ability (agility and strength required).
- Assists in storm damage Cleanup and snow removal as needed.
The Perks of the Position:
- Two-year field experience in pesticide application on golf course, nursery or large industrial complex.
- Possess a VA Pesticide Applicator's license, Category III, Turf and Ornamentals.
- Ability to read instructions and complete reports and make mathematical calculations required for mixing and applications of chemicals and calibration of equipment.
- Ability to bend, stoop and kneel to perform work and lift weights up to 50 pounds.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid VA Driver's License required.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
• Paid Floating Holidays
• Accrual based Paid Time Off
• SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
• SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 401K plan
• Voluntary Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Disability Benefits
• Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Legal Assistance PlanJoin the team:
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!