Assistant Supervisor, Theatrical Services
Supports the technical services area by directing and training theatrical maintenance technicians. Troubleshoots and maintains SeaWorld show and attraction related equipment and elements. Enthusiastically represents Sesame Place by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
What you get to do:
• Oversees all installations and maintenance of specific show related elements and other projects as assigned; installs theatrical elements for seasonal shows and special events; schedules technical set-up for special events.
• Assists in administering an annual supply/maintenance budget of $100,000. Responsible for monthly credit card purchases of up to $2,500 as it relates to assigned area of responsibility or project. Responsible for the leadership of up to 8 team members.
• Responds to park trouble calls as required and without assistance.
• Assists with the creation and implementation of equipment maintenance schedules.
• Assists with on-site coordination of vendors.
• Maintains equipment inventory and purchases spare parts as necessary.
• Monitors and repairs to component level the theatrical elements at all show areas, attractions, facilities and special events.
• Maintains cleanliness of assigned work areas.
• Maintains a safe work environment and adheres to safety requirements; ensures staff receives all required safety training.
• Ensures proficient and safe utilization of tools related to the technical field and assigned work group.
• Trains and develops new and existing team members.
• Coaches, mentors, and evaluates staff; provides input for written evaluations and performance appraisals.
• Creates staff work schedule
• Ensures excellence in customer service by responding to customer requirements and expectations.
• Consistently strives for customer satisfaction through effective communication, quality of output, and timely project completion.
• Collaborates with internal and external customer departments.
• Serves as department duty manager as required.
• Assists with overseeing and administers safety programs for Entertainment.
• Conducts training for the Entertainment Department staff in OSHA and Company required safety training programs.
• Creates and maintains safety related reports, forms, plans and databases for internal and external customers.
• Creates and maintains maintenance and inspections logs for safety equipment in work areas Inspects and assess work areas for safety.
• Handles and disposes of hazardous waste as needed.
• Maintains chemical inventory.
• Assists in other work areas as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
What it takes to succeed:
• At least 18 years of age.
• A high school diploma or equivalent.
• An associate's degree or higher in Theatrical Arts or applicable industry and/or certification and/or current SeaWorld Technician Status for a period of at least 1 year.
• Two or more years previous experience in related theatrical field including theatrical lighting, special effects or theatrical rigging.
• Lighting design experience preferred.
• Basic knowledge of electrical theory and applied hands on experience in component level
troubleshooting; must be able to troubleshoot down to the component level in the following areas: dimmers, moving lights, and electro-mechanical special effects.
• Possess soldering skills.
• Intermediate programming knowledge and operational skills of theatrical lighting consoles. Intermediate programming skills on ETC Eos or Hog 4 lighting consoles preferred.
• Proficient with the following test equipment: digital multi meter, cable tracer, clamp on meter.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and technical related software.
•Ability to draft in Vectorworks or AutoCAD preferred.
• Ability to use Lightwright and create lighting paperwork for shows preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge of ETC Net 3 gear and Pathport networking gear preferred
• Able to operate a high reach manlift and forklift and work at heights of up to 90 feet.
• Valid California driver's license; visiting students and military must have valid driver's license from state of residency and able to provide a copy of the DMV report; be able to obtain a SeaWorld driver's license.
• Able to meet required availability including weekends, holidays, late evenings and early mornings.
• Able to work indoors and in outdoor weather conditions (i.e., direct sunlight, humid conditions, etc.)
• Able to positively interact with guests and co-workers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or language, and individuals with special needs.
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to complete assigned projects in a timely and professional manner.
• Able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced work environment.
• Able to maintain a positive and flexible attitude in an ever changing work environment.
• Proficient organization and planning skills.
• Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift or move 50 pounds unassisted.
Hours & Availability:
•0-29 hours per week.
•4 days of unrestricted availability to include Saturdays and/or Sundays, Holidays.
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
• FREE park admission
• Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
• Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
Join the team!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!