At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 40,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part of our incredible team!
When you're at a theme park, the fun never ends! And our entertainment department is a big reason why! We are seeking a Stage Manager who can bring our shows and events to life! Vision, creativity, innovation and an unyielding commitment to excellence are all critical to helping our entertainment department function. Is that you? Jump right in!
-Up to $500 end of season bonus and Fun Card (Annual Pass) for SeaWorld included when you work 25 of 28 days. What you get to do:
As a Stage Manager with SeaWorld, you will:
What it takes to succeed:
- Collect and organize event reports and other documents at the end of each rehearsal and event night
- Assist with the coordination and execution of orientations, rehearsals, and other training needs
- Responsible for the supervision and implementation of the daily operation of Consumer Events festivals and shows; including scheduling and following up on task assignments for cast and crew.
- Responsible to mentoring staff to maintain a successful team-oriented production.
- Develop, update, and follow the SOP’s, attendance/performance tracking, daily reports, supply requests and other documentation required for entertainment operations.
- Ensure the safety of all Team Members as well as ensuring that all team members are getting required safety training and are using proper PPE.
- Responsible for supervision of areas to include but not limited to; events cast, technicians, costume/dresser staff , daily hours reporting, ambassador coaching, overtime requests, deviation/sign in sheets, theatrical and technical systems, theater safety, facility maintenance and cleanliness, monitoring show quality, scheduling and participating in or running rehearsals, daily meetings and information dissemination, team member development, team member record keeping, inventory & procurement of equipment, materials and supplies.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining quality standards throughout all assigned tasks, special events and show positions
- Responsible for maintaining the artistic and technical integrity of the show/event. Knowledge of all positions necessary for show operation.
- Act as front-line management representative. Act as a liaison with Production, Entertainment Technical and Operational Entertainment Management Staff.
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of special events and shows in other venues as needed.
- Responsible for assisting with Entertainment activities and special events in other facilities outside of the park as needed.
- Submit daily/weekly reports to Managers detailing all show and event related activities and other pertinent information.
- Cover for other Stage Managers/Technicians/other departments as needed on their days off, vacation, absences etc.
- Work in a team environment and interact with guests and other ambassadors in a professional manner
- Communicate professionally and effectively with Ambassadors, Vendors and our Guests
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Have a valid driver license and meet SEA driving guidelines.
- Ability to work 4 PM to 3 AM on event nights and during some rehearsals
- College Degree (preferred), theater or related field, equivalent experience in theater or entertainment related discipline
- Minimum 2 years practical Stage Management experience or a similar combination of management or leadership experience preferred
- Knowledge of entertainment events and logistics, including but not limited to basic audio systems, basic theatrical lighting, theming, signage, and decor
- Display proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Able to work under pressure and direct personnel under ambiguous or uncertain stressful conditions.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills successfully interacting in a positive manner with various guests, entertainers, leadership, technicians, outside contractors, entertainment and park staff, and personnel.
- Understand and enforce the use of proper safety protocols and safety systems, be able to properly inspect and document inspections and operation of safety sensitive equipment or procedures and enforce the consistent use of personal protective equipment.
- Provide technical support and service for events or for other departmental needs and perform other functions as directed by management for the good of the Department and Park.
- Adhere to and enforce all Park/Department policies and procedures
- Communicate professionally and effectively with ambassadors and guests
- Ability to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Position engages in extensive walking and standing throughout entire work shift and climb/ascend heights (if needed)
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in varying Florida weather, to include extreme heat. Position will be exposed to fumes, dust, odors and cold/heat temperature extremes
- Ability to work in environment with atmospheric effects such as fog, smoke, haze, mist, bubble, snow and scents. There may also be lighting effects, such as strobe lights, bright, dark, elevated, or cramped conditions
- Be able to perform the following physical activities: kneeling, squatting, bend floor-to waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead, simple grasp and fine hand manipulation tasks (use of tools/keyboard/writing)
Perform all cleaning duties, including use of cleaning chemicals
The perks of the position:
- Flexibility in work locations and roles as placement will depend on business needs and career development opportunities
- Availability to work a flexible schedule/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!