Bartender (Howl-O-Scream Shot Ghoul Server)
Howl-O-Scream Event – Seasonal PositionStart Date: August 24th
At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 40,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Apply today and play an important part on our incredible team!Event Details:
SeaWorld San Diego’s Howl-O-Scream 2022
Dates: September 16th – October 31st
Every Evening, Thursdays through Sundays
In addition to the three (3) Haunted Houses from 2021 (Nightmare Experiment, Death Water Bayou, and Simon’s Slaughterhouse) we will be adding TWO (2) NEW HAUNTED HOUSES to the 2022 Event! Come join our team and help bring this ever-growing experience to life! What you get to do:
As a Howl-O-Scream Shot Ghoul, you’ll ensure a great experience for our guests at various venues and enhance the guest experience. In this job you will:
What it takes to succeed:
- Provide top notch quality performances and scares to our seasoned guests and first-time visitors.
- Be part of an award-winning Scare-Event.
- Prepare/carry vending trays.
- Serving themed alcoholic beverages to themed venues throughout the event.
- Take orders in a prompt manner and ensure execution of delivery.
- Make recommendations to fit each guest’s needs.
- Maintain a clean and hygienic working environment.
- Operate cash register.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures.
- Opportunity to collaboratively work with producing team on the continued growth of the Howl-O-Scream event at SeaWorld San Diego.
- Make lifelong friendships and be part of the SeaWorld Entertainment Community.
What else is important:
- Have flexible availability every week Thursdays through Sundays, throughout the scheduled dates of the event.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand, sit and/or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Modeling experience preferred
- Prepared portfolio or photo examples of your previous work, including a headshot on your resume
- Willingness to work with the sale of alcohol products.
- Food service and/or theme park experience preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Commitment to exceptional guest service.
- Ability to learn/use point of sale (cash register) systems.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Personable, animated, fun, and outgoing personality; modeling experience is preferred.
- Completion of all training including: ServSafe and RCS Responsible Vendor Training.
- Able to positively interact with park guests and team members of all ages, ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or languages, and individuals with special needs.
- Able to work in an environment with atmospheric effects (fog, smoke, haze, mist, bubbles, snow, scents, etc.).
- Have strong verbal communication skills.
The perks of the position:
- Position engages in the following physical activities: kneeling, squatting, bend floor-to-waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, and/or jump up repeatedly for the duration of your shift.
- Position also engages in a variety of vocalizations such as: sudden screams, gasps, wails, vocal manipulation, etc.
- Be flexible in work locations as placement will depend on business needs and career development opportunities.
- Being a team player is a must and the key to success!
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, great teammates, and:
Join the team
- Free entry for yourself to all SeaWorld parks nationwide (except Discovery Cove).
- Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes for friends and family.
- Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise.
- This position will include tips.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you! Apply today!