Seasonal Scenic Arts Craftsperson
At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 40,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!
What you get to do:
• Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
• Fabricates and maintains Scenic aspects of park shows, attractions and special events.
• Assists in coordinating the fabrication and installation of year round show sets, attractions and props as assigned.
• Assists in coordinating the maintenance of year round show sets, attractions and props as assigned.
• Assists with scenic painting.
• Operates hand tools and power tools (including worm drive saw, router, and fiberglass chopper gun, table and band saws) as approved.
• Demonstrates proficiency in reading blueprints and sketches.
• Demonstrates proficient ability in perform fiberglass and mold making functions.
• Procures materials for fabrication of sets and props as assigned.
• Assists in the design of sets and props as assigned.
• Maintains cleanliness of all assigned work areas.
• Maintains safe work environment and safety requirements.
• Assists in other work areas and departments as assigned.
What it takes to succeed:
• At least 18 years of age.
• 2-4 years related experience in carpentry and/or scenic painting and construction or training.
• Working knowledge of computer-based resources (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
• A valid California driver's license; visiting students and military must have valid driver's license from state of residency and able to provide a copy of the DMV report. Must be able to meet requirements to drive SeaWorld vehicles.
• Bachelor’s degree in carpentry or set construction from a four year college or trade school preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to stand, walk and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
• Be able to work indoors and in outdoor weather conditions (i.e. humidity conditions, direct sunlight).
• Be able to successfully complete company hazardous material training.
• Be able to operate a company vehicle to pick up and deliver materials and personnel.
Hours & Availability:
• Able to work (M-F 6am-2:30pm) and/or event hours (Thurs-Sun 4pm-midnight), any combinations of the two shifts
• Able to work at least 30 hours now until the 2nd week of November or until the end of Christmas
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
• FREE park admission
• Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
• Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
Join the team!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!