Zoological Specialist, Associate - Dolphin
At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 40,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!As a Zoological Specialist, Associate - Dolphin you will:
Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job. Provide for proper nutrition, appropriate and sanitary living conditions, and constant care for our park animals. These positions safely fulfill duties in animal/guest interactions, animal training, husbandry, enrichment, general public presentations, and research.What you get to do:
What it takes to succeed:
- Perform daily husbandry tasks including administration of vitamins and medications as directed, food preparation, maintaining a safe and sanitary working area for all animal habitats as directed by area leadership.
- Responsible for guest, personal, and animal safety by developing and awareness of the behavioral precursors of potentially harmful behavior by both animals and people.
- Make daily observations of animals and report any abnormalities to staff supervisor and team.
- Maintain all animal records, equipment, area responsibilities, and communication requirements on a daily basis.
- Provide and maintain a work environment that follows the established guidelines and safety procedures set by the department and park.
- Function as an ambassador by displaying consideration, tolerance, cooperation, open communication, and reliability. Maintain a consistent attitude, motivation, and ability to accept feedback.
- Perform all supportive roles as directed in education and general public shows to develop speaking skills and stage presence.
- Provide proactive guest service through guest interactions, pre and post show interactions, and responding to guest inquiries.
- Assist guests and trainers in preparation of and educational aspects during interaction programs. Maintain openness to act as secondary animal person and safety spotter when needed. Act as primary trainer when approved and as directed by leadership.
- Work with animals on basic behavior techniques and behavioral modification techniques with limited animals and under supervision.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
The perks of the position:
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College background in psychology, zoology or biology is a plus.
- Open Water SCUBA certified.
- Able to pass both SeaWorld pre-employment and post-employment swim test and diving physical.
- A working knowledge of the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Basic math skills required.
- Able to frequently lift, pull, push 50 pounds.
- Able to stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, overnights and holidays.
- Ability to receive CPR certification.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Willing to comply with, and ensure ambassadors comply with, all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Able to successfully complete all legal, company, and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- Paid Floating Holidays
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!