Seasonal roles will be filled as part of, Spooktacular, Howl-O-Scream, and our daily operation.
What you get to do:
• Create characters to startle and scare guests at SeaWorld’s Howl-O-Scream
• Consistently performing the same scare repetitively throughout the night of the event (some scare positions may involve strenuous physical activity)
• Perform regularly in assigned area adhering to set and/or show schedule
• Develops skills/knowledge to maintain excellent quality show/appearance.
• Follows through on show notes to ensure progress in specific areas.
• Maintain personal appearance by meeting costume and makeup requirements
• Assist in general cleaning of specified areas.
• Assist in the daily operational aspects of assigned show, reporting prop/costume repairs in a timely manner.
• Provide solution-based ideas to solve problems
• Support the team’s daily activities
• Execute backstage tasks as outlined in daily schedule
• Ensure adherence to safety and procedural directions that accompany this position
• Performers may be expected to supply their own shoes for certain roles.
• Perform other duties as assigned
What it takes to succeed:
• Must be at least 16 years old (some positions require performer to be 18)
• Must demonstrate ability to perform in casted role during the audition process
• Must be able to work outdoors during daytime and/or evening hours
• Must be available for all rehearsal and performance dates
• Previous performance experience is beneficial, but not required.
• Many but not all positions require wearing make-up (provided by SeaWorld). Some positions require wearing a mask (provided by SeaWorld).
• Costumes for characters will be provided by SeaWorld and will remain the property of SeaWorld.
• Ability to perform assigned character for up to 3 hours at a time. Performance may include standing, walking or other strenuous physical activity.
• Ability to work both indoors and outdoors, exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
• Ability to perform the following physical activities on a frequent basis: stand, walk, climb, kneel, squat, bend floor- to- waist/waist-to-overhead and reach overhead, simple grasp and fine manipulation tasks.
• Position may be exposed to heat/cold temperature extremes, chemical, fumes/dust/odor, atmospheric lighting strobe/dim lighting.
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
• FREE park admission
• Discounted Park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
• Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
Join the team!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!