At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 40,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team
!What you get to do:
What it take to succeed:
- Create master schedule of all technical events associated with a show production.
- Create, adjust and monitor construction, fabrication, programming, install and strike schedules as needed while maintaining contingency plans for all project phases.
- Monitor and ensure the quality, suitability and accuracy of technical designs for all assigned shows.
- Operate, and in most cases, program a lighting console.
- Create plans for installation of permanent shows and large scale events.
- Lead technical meetings and interface with design, construction and production staff.
- Participate in production meetings in role of Technical Director and/or Lighting Designer.
- Coach, mentor, direct, constructively criticize, and objectively evaluate subordinate project support personnel.
- Direct technical personnel in order to perform short term and permanent repairs to a variety of theatrical equipment.
- Specify technical equipment to ensure show readiness and longevity.
- Direct the installation of theatrical equipment for events and permanent show installations.
- Interface with other park professionals as well as outside clients and contractors in order to convey design concepts.
- Train and convey production standards to other departmental park employees as well as contract technicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What else is important:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work comfortably in all areas of SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and Aquatica, including work on/around water and at heights of up to 60'.
- Have excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Be a self starter, self motivator, and demonstrate the ability to successfully lead a team.
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Ability to produce and maintain accurate documentation.
- Have a working knowledge of all Microsoft applications
- Ability to interpret and direct the installation of a theatrical lighting plot.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Possess at least minimal drafting and CAD skills.
- Understand the operation of a variety of lighting equipment (follow spots, automated lighting, strollers, fog machines, etc.).
- Have a comprehensive understanding of concert truss and the proper use of rigging equipment (flying and ground support).
- Understand fundamentals of electricity (calculate voltage, amperage, wattage, voltage drops, select proper cable sizes, etc.).
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Entertainment project management including a complete understanding of show production and operations processes.
- Have a complete understanding of event scheduling from prospectus to execution.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of theatrical products, vendors, and product sources.
- Be available to work varying shifts or hours based on park hours; i.e. be able to work opening and closing shifts
The perks of the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Entertainment, Theater, or Management, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of Theatrical design or Entertainment project management experience.
- Able to frequently lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Position engages in extensive walking and standing throughout entire work shift and climb/ascend heights.
- Perform the following physical activities: kneeling, bending, squatting, bend floor-to waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead, simple grasp and fine hand manipulation tasks (use of tools/keyboard/writing)
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat. Position may be exposed to fumes, dust, odors and cold/heat temperature extremes. Perform cleaning duties; including use of cleaning chemicals.
- Work a flexible schedule/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts; nights, weekends, and holidays *Be comfortable with exposure to noise, vibrations and motion.
- Be flexible in work locations as placement will depend on business needs and career development opportunities.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- Paid Time Off- Vacation, Optional Holidays, and Sick pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!