Do you like getting your hands a little dirty? Us too! That’s why we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you! Join us as a valuable member of our grounds team and help make our park pruned and pretty and weeds away from our beautiful grounds. What You Get to Do:
As a Horticulture Technician, you'll perform a variety of horticultural, grounds keeping and greenhouse tasks, including watering, weeding, planting, transplanting, pruning, mulching, and mowing. You Will Also:
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Provide exemplary service to guests and ambassadors
- Maintain the landscaping in the park and surrounding areas
- Mow and trim the grounds
- Perform grounds maintenance tasks such as watering, weeding, planting and pruning
- Operate park vehicles while following company guidelines
- Operate and all maintain equipment: mowers, augers, trimmers, shears, tillers, utility carts, water tanks, tractors, forklift, etc.
- Perform tasks related to cold-weather protection as well as preparation for storms and perform repair work for any weather damage or other damage
- Oversee and tend to seasonal firepits
- Maintain cleanliness and quality of work area
- Perform and complete assigned tasks from management as needed
The Perks of the Position:
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions with or without shade
- Must be able to complete tasks independently or with a team without direct supervision
- Must have basic operational knowledge of both power and hand tools (i.e. wrenches, shovels, chainsaws, leaf blowers, lawn mowers).
- Must be able to lift, pull, and push a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Flexible, consistent availability (including nights, weekends and holidays) and adhere to our 2022 Holiday and Availability agreement.
- Consistently practice safe work habits including the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and reporting unsafe situations
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
- Must be willing to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards
As part of the Sesame Place family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
- Exclusive employee events and giveaways
- Scholarship opportunities
- SEPTA has an exclusive bus stop for Sesame Place Ambassadors on Route 14
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!