Food & Beverage Service Ambassador (Alcohol)
Ensure effective and efficient movement of guests through food and beverage service lines with welcoming and proactive service approach and appropriate inventory of menu items. Ambassador must be able to work in a multitude of stations to include; dining room, cash register and food line. Based on assigned location, ambassador must be able to work well independently or as part of a team.What it takes to succeed:
What you get to do:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to lift, push, pull a minimum of 30 pounds
- Must be able to pass food handler’s safety course and TABC course within the first 30 days of employment.
- Must be able to process monetary transactions and records transactions on point of sale system (register).
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be willing to comply with all grooming standard and other SEA standards.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Must be willing to comply with and ensure ambassadors comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
- Must be able to operate standard commercial kitchen equipment and follow knife cutting requirements.
- Previous restaurant experience preferred, including food preparation and/or service.
- Must be able to provide approved footwear (e.g. approved non-slip shoes, steel-toed shoes, specified color requirements, etc.) upon first date of employment
The perks of the position:
- Works behind hot or cold food line and/or other food station configuration; to ensure food preparation, display and quality are available based on guest demand.
- Executes general food preparation as directed to include cutting vegetables, fruits and meats.
- Ensure correct portions are served at correct temperatures. Where applicable, ensure proper plate or food station presentation.
- Utilizes register system to record appropriate quantities sold and administer the guest payment process; including but not limited to cash, credit card and/or promotional product. Ensures compliance with all alcohol sales regulations and policies.
- Is able to retain and apply diverse guest discount programs and park promotional pricing or packaging.
- Must be willing and able to comply with all park policies to include cash handling policy, food safety standards, alcohol service policy and grooming requirements.
- Provide excellent guest service to guests and ambassadors focusing on park guest service standards.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area by wiping down tables and chairs, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, restocking of product and other general housekeeping duties.
- Complies with all safety procedures associated with the operation of machinery. Utilizes issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and ensures that management is notified of any safety or safety inventory concern.
- Ensures a team environment that allows for the optimal guest service and quality experience.
- Ensure effective and efficient movement of guests through food and beverage service lines with welcoming and proactive service approach and appropriate inventory of menu items.
- Receives guest’s verbal food and /or beverage requests and prepares plate and/or order as requested ensuring that both the food and food presentation meet park standards of quality. Serve alcohol in accordance with state and company regulations.
- Maintain appropriate rotation of all food items
- Prepare basic and more complex menu items.
- Based on outlet and shift assignment, may have to operate kitchen equipment to include slicer, fryer, oven, mixer and/or other standard commercial kitchen equipment.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
NOTE - Part-Time Status:Part-time
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
ambassadors are year-round employees. They will be scheduled in accordance with our operating schedule and will need to be available weekends, 4-6 days a week during spring break and summer, as well as holidays. Hours may vary based on business need on a year-round basis.