Want to make a big splash with your unique combination of passion, leadership and attention to detail?! We’ve got a great recipe for success. Take exceptional people like you, combine them with outstanding opportunities – and just add water! What you get to do
As a Marina Ambassador you will ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the entire marina facility; provides world class service to guests/tenants and a safe environment for all ambassadors and guests/tenants. Enthusiastically represent SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job. You also will:
What it takes to succeed
- Facilitates the rental process- assigning available slips by calling perspective customers, conducting walks of the facility and assisting customers through the application process.
- Runs credit reports and sends credit reports to Finance department for review and approval.
- Handles cash and processes transactions.
- Initiates, drafts, reviews and maintains contracts with the Finance Department and new tenants; terminates tenant contracts as needed.
- Updates and maintains perspective tenant waiting list, current tenant database, occupancy sheet, revenue sheet, slip inventory sheet and kayak inventory sheet.
- Tracks supplies for office and dock maintenance purposes.
- Coordinates tenant parties and functions through interdepartmental communication.
- Monitors the arrival process for appropriate gate entry access to include any vendor activity; maintains record log compliance to track who is on property during business hours.
- Provides tenants assistance to include accounting issues, dock related concerns (such as cleat replacement), dock maintenance, float control and park related matters.
- Supports Coast Guard relations for vessel inspections conducted bi-annually, refreshment orders and organizes appointments.
- Receives and facilitates customer service phone calls.
- Updates vendor insurance information materials.
- Drafts and sends out business letters to tenants.
- Maintains tenant insurance and registration documents; updates vendor insurance information materials.
- Responsible for communicating and enforcing company, department and Marina policies.
- Maintains safety records and logs.
- Performs regular safety inspection of docks, vessels and surrounding area.
- Operates whaler for towing vessels and retrieving items for the water when necessary.
- Operates a variety of power tools and cleans equipment.
- Maintains the upkeep of entire Marina facility to include docks, courtyard, office, landscape, parking lot, restrooms and storage areas; upkeep includes: sweeping/hosing pathways, picking up trash, scrubbing stains and emptying trash cans.
- Applies safety and chemical training to clean/remove environmental and fuel spills.
- Other duties as assigned.
The perks of the position:
- Current SeaWorld or Aquatica San Diego ambassador preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three months related experience.
- Have and maintain a valid California driver’s license (visiting students and military must have valid driver's license from the state of residency and able to provide a copy of the DMV report).
- Able to meet requirements to drive SeaWorld vehicles.
- Able to obtain and maintain CPR certification upon accepting and before starting position.
- Possess basic knowledge of using hand tools and have the ability to perform basic maintenance functions.
- Able to swim and have boat handling skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in basic math skills.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to work in an administrative environment and outdoors on docks.
- Ability to drive tractor and forklift preferred.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
Join the team!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!