SeaWorld San Antonio is a place of thrills, fun and positive, lasting memories. And that’s just what it’s like to work here! As a key member of our team, you’ll play a major role in bringing happiness and excitement to people from around the world. If you’re dedicated, dependable and driven to deliver exceptional guest service, this is place for you!Sr. Trainer Basic Requirements:
Sr. Trainer Level Duties and Responsibilities
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum of three (3) years animal training or animal husbandry experience in a marine mammal, zoological, or aviculture professional setting.
- Have high school diploma or equivalent. College background in psychology, zoology or biology is a plus.
- Be Open Water SCUBA certified.
- Be able to pass both SeaWorld pre-employment and post-employment swim test and diving physical.
- Have a working knowledge of the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Basic math skills required.
- Be able to frequently lift, pull, push 50 pounds.
- Be able to stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, overnights and holidays.
- Ability to receive CPR certification.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Be willing to comply with, and ensure Ambassadors comply with, all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Be able to successfully complete all legal, company, and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
- Perform daily husbandry tasks including administration of vitamins and medications as directed, food preparation, maintaining a safe and sanitary working area for all animal habitats as directed by area leadership.
- Responsible for guest, personal, and animal safety through constant monitoring of the behavioral precursors of potentially harmful behavior by both animals and people.
- Make daily observations of animals and report any abnormalities to staff supervisor and team.
- Maintain all animal records, equipment, area responsibilities, and communication requirements on a daily basis.
Provide and maintain a work environment that follows the established guidelines and safety procedures set by the department and park.
- Function as an Ambassador by displaying consideration, tolerance, cooperation, open communication, and reliability. Maintain a consistent attitude, motivation, and ability to accept feedback.
- Successfully represents company in Public Relations or Media situations/events.
- Be able to deliver department seminars.
Perform all roles in education and general public shows, and guest interaction programs.
The perks of the position:
- Provide proactive guest service through guest interactions, pre and post shows, and responding to guest inquiries.
- Be proficient in application of behavioral modification techniques used at SeaWorld. This includes, but is not limited to, the skill set to develop and implement new behavior, training of naïve animals with minimum supervision, training behavior to completion without supervision, proactively maintaining conditioned behavior, and the ability to form relationships with most, if not all, of the animals in assigned area.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced
environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- Paid Floating Holidays
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!