Primary purpose and function of the Entertainment Technician, Show Operations position:
• Participates as an integral contributor to the Entertainment Operations Department.
• Executes the operation of Show Product in one of the following disciplines, Audio, Multi-Media, Master Electrician, Lighting Board Operator, Spot Operator, Deck Hands, Fly Rail, Dressers
• Collaborates with Entertainment Production/Operations, Theming, and Theatrical Services teams to achieve project goals and objectives.
• Works with outside contractors.
• Maintains Entertainment facilities and equipment.
• Works with Show Operations schedules and paperwork in order to achieve Entertainment product goals and objectives.
• Follows project timelines to ensure park and departmental goals, safety targets and objectives are obtained.
• Follows department and park safety guidelines.
• Participates in the Operations department training programs.
• Participates in other duties as assigned that support park and departmental goals and objectives.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Show Operations: Execute work based on park and department goals and objectives and other duties as assigned.
Training and Development: Participates in Operations training and development programs and department safety initiatives. Qualifications for Position:
Proven Technical skills, strong communication skills; positive attitude, team player; multi-tasking skills, collaboration skillsEducation and Special Skills:
• Associates or BA in Technical Theatre, Theatre Arts, or equivalent professional experience preferred.
• 2 years professional technical entertainment experience preferred in the areas of rigging, carpentry, electrics, sound, and sets.
• Experience with the following required:
- Hand tools
- Theatrical equipment
• Ability to work at heights to over 75’ required.
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds required.
• Ability to perform outdoor work in temperature extremes and overnight shifts required.
• Valid US Driver’s License preferred.