Assistant Supervisor, Aquatics
Ready to dive into an exciting, one-of-a-kind opportunity? When it comes to your work, do you want to do more than just get your feet wet? At Aquatica San Diego, you’ll play a key role in helping us deliver a memorable and positive experience for our guests. If you’re passionate, positive and hard-working, we’d love to have you join our team!What you get to do:
As an Assistant Supervisor for Aquatics, you’ll help lead and inspire a team to deliver great guest experiences from the get-go. You will oversee the operation of all park attractions, ensuring safety, service, and cleanliness levels in assigned areas. This position also:Basic Job Functions
What it takes to succeed:
- Provides training for all Lifeguards and Shallow Water Guards in accordance with both American Red Cross and SEA Standards.
- Ensures excellent guest service by responding to guest requirements, expectations and needs.
- Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld Aquatica by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
- Role modeling SEA Core Values, grooming standards and strong work ethic.
- Issues ambassador's breaks and meal periods in accordance with SEA policies and state regulations.
- Handles ambassador performance management in accordance with company guidelines.
- Handles guest and ambassador concerns in a positive manner.
- Schedules and conducts in-service training classes.
- Conducts required audits.
- Completes administrative tasks and compliance tracking.
- Performance management for ambassadors not meeting required audits or in-service trainings.
- Conducts opening area inspections.
- Occasionally may assist other locations throughout the park.
- Performs and completes other duties as assigned.
What else is important
- 1 or more seasons in a leadership role at Aquatica San Diego (Assistant Supervisor & Supervisor).
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification or equivalent.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certificate or equivalent preferred. Must receive American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certification within 30 days after start date.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Able to stand, walk and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in environments that are indoors, outdoors. and exposed to most weather conditions.
- Able to regularly use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, handle, feel, stoop, crawl or kneel.
- Able to positively interact with guests and coworkers of all ages, ethnic/cultural backgrounds, and languages, as well as individuals with special needs.
- High School Diploma or GED strongly preferred.
The perks of the position:
- Hours varies depending on the season and the business need.
- 4 days of unrestricted availability to include weekends during the peak season.
- Able to work early mornings, late evenings and holidays.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team!
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!
This position is currently paid at a premium seasonal rate of $18.50 per hour through 9/5/2022.