The Tour Guide position is an exciting opportunity for team members to make meaningful connections with our guests during one of our tour offerings. Tour Guides are responsible for leading personal and large tours throughout the park; both before it opens and during operation. Requirements and Competencies:Availability
– Must be flexible and willing to work early mornings, days, nights, weekends, and holidays as well as be willing to be scheduled on short notice. Tour Guides will be asked to assist with other jobs in Park Operations, including Rides, Theatres, and Area Host. Leadership
– Must be able to operate independently from supervision.Communication
– Must have strong communication skills and be comfortable with speaking in front of large groups. Tour Guides must be outgoing and enthusiastic at all times. Professionalism
– Must always represent our brand and park with pride and professionalism by exhibiting a friendly and professional demeanor and by having a ‘family friendly’ imageKnowledge
– The tour guide may be aware of park policies and information that they can not share while leading tours. The tour guide will be required to show discretion and sound-decision making when leading tours and answering guests’ questions. Approachability
– Tour Guides will give tours to families and lead tours of large groups. The Tour Guide may spend long hours with families and children and should be professional, approachable, and KIDsiderate at all times. Making a meaningful connection is what we do. Technology
– Must be comfortable with digital cameras and computersPhysical Requirements
– Must be comfortable with working long hours outside, walking long distances and standing for extended periods of time. Must be comfortable with heights (i.e. standing at the top of Griffon) Professional Experience:Must have previous Tour Guide experience
Knowledge and familiarity of Busch Gardens and Water Country USA is preferred
Must be in good standing with the companyPrimary Responsibilities:
- Tour Guides will be required to learn facts about the park, rides, shows, and restaurants in order to lead Behind-the-Scenes tours.
- Lead VIP and Behind-the-Scenes Tours at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.
- Staff the Guest Service Center at Busch Gardens to up-sell guests on unique experiences offered at the park and to sell tours, dines and quick queue products.
- Provide exceptional service and go above-and-beyond to ensure guests are fully satisfied with their tour and overall Busch Gardens experience.
- Follow up with tour guests, complete surveys, and make Photo CDs for guests.