The Technical Captain
position is responsible to:
Education and Special Skills:
- Create and facilitate punch lists for your fellow technicians.
- Assist the stage managers with venue notes, including but not limited to venue maintenance and addressing any and all safety notes.
- Give daily event notes to your fellow technicians.
- When needed, contacting resources in order to obtain necessary materials/assistance with venue maintenance.
- Help the stage managers in maintaining safety standards.
- Help maintain health in your specialty, with assistance from Health Services and Sports Medicine, as well as ensuring all technicians have sufficient training in their assigned areas.
- Work with the stage managers and others to ensure integrity and equality of the event.
- Lead your cast by example with regard to performance, appearance, and behavior.
- Listen to other event performers concerns or questions, and consult with the stage managers and supervisor about possible solutions.
- Help keep a positive and productive work environment for those on your tech team.
• Associates or BA in Technical Theatre, Theatre Arts, or equivalent professional experience preferred.
• 2 years professional technical entertainment experience preferred in the areas of rigging, carpentry, electrics, sound, and sets.
• Experience with the following required:
o Hand tools
o Theatrical equipment
• Must have familiarity with OSHA, NEC, NFPA and IBC.
• Experience operating heavy equipment including Forklifts, Scissor and Boom Lifts preferred.
• Ability to work at Heights to over 100’ required.
• Ability to lift and move 75 lbs. required.
• Ability to perform outdoor work in temperature extremes and overnight shifts required.
• Previous experience as an Entertainment technician.
• Valid VA Driver’s License required.