Candidates considered for this position must be available to work between the hours of 2:30 PM – 6:00 AM (including weekends).
This position includes the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off- Vacation, and Sick pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!
Requirements and Competencies
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must be able to wear respirator and pass pre-employment fit test
• Must be able to pass qualifying swim test
• Must possess basic skills in reading, writing and math
• Must be able to complete provided CPR training/certification
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 80pounds
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
• Must be comfortable with heights
• Must be able to train on and properly use protective gear
• Must be comfortable working around fumes/dust/odor
• Must be comfortable working around chemicals
• Must be comfortable with exposure to noise, vibrations and motion
• Must be able to swim and work in/around water
• Must be available to work varying shifts or hours based on park hours; i.e. be able to work opening and closing shifts
• Possession of a valid state driver’s license, preferred
• 1 year operational experience in an aquatic life support facility or other water treatment facility, preferred
• Background in plumbing and pool service, preferred
• Perform all basic tasks as related to the maintenance of the saltwater and freshwater systems.
• Perform basic filter and plumbing repairs
• Recognize normal system/equipment operations, required action, and notification, plus involvement in preventative maintenance programs
• Perform proper water chemistry testing and understand results as it pertains to all systems
• Maintain highest standards of work area cleanliness at all times both in the life support systems and display area
• Perform other duties as required