Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!What you get to do
What it takes to succeed
- Perform filter, pump, valve, and piping maintenance and repairs.
- Recognize normal system/equipment operations, required action, and notification, plus involvement in preventative maintenance programs.
- Perform all basic tasks as related to the maintenance of the saltwater and freshwater systems.
- Perform water chemistry testing and understand results as it pertains to all systems.
- Maintain record of activities performed during shift.
- Perform and assist with general maintenance of park facilities.
- Comply with all department and corporate safety guidelines and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits, including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Maintain highest standards of work area cleanliness both in the life support systems and display areas.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with Ambassadors, Vendors, and our Guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What else is important:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain Certified Pool Operator or Aquatic Facility Operator certification.
- Have knowledge and experience of basic mechanics or previous experience as a Filtration Mechanic.
- At least 1-year operational experience in an aquatic life support facility or other water treatment facility.
- Knowledge of water analysis and the ability to make the necessary adjustments to maintain water balance.
- Understanding of the operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of various types of pumps and related equipment.
- Ability to assess scope of work for a job, develop list of materials, parts, and equipment, etc.
- Experienced in the use and care of all basic hand tools and specialty tools.
- Ability to interpret piping system layouts, make up and glue all types of PVC pipe.
- Ability to complete all legal, company and department training requirements.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to complete provided CPR training/certification
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift, push and pull 80 pounds
- Have basic math skills
- Be available to work varying shifts or hours based on park hours; i.e. be able to work opening and closing shifts
The Perks of the Position:
- Able to frequently lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Position engages in extensive walking and standing throughout entire work shift and climb/ascend heights.
- Perform the following physical activities: kneeling, bending, squatting, bend floor-to waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead, simple grasp and fine hand manipulation tasks (use of tools/keyboard/writing)
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat. Position may be exposed to noise, vibrations, and motion fumes, dust, odors, and cold/heat temperature extremes.
- Perform cleaning duties, including use of cleaning chemicals.
- Work a flexible schedule / hours based on business need, to include opening, mid, and closing shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be comfortable working around chemicals.
- Must be able to work in/around water.
- Must be flexible in work locations as placement will depend on business needs and career development opportunities.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team:
- Paid Floating Holidays
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!