At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 37,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!What it take to succeed:
The primary purpose of the Security Ambassador is to monitor the activities in their assigned area of the park during park operating hours. Security Ambassadors are assigned to the guest entrance at the Main Gate. Security Ambassadors will monitor metal detectors at guest entrances. Security Ambassadors are not given security badges and should not perform the duties of a SEA Security Officer. Security Ambassadors may be promoted to SEA Security Officers if selected and have met all the Security Officer requirements.
What you get to do:
- Must be 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred 6 months of previous work experience in Security or customer relations.
- Preferred previous work experience in both working with the public and communicating/reinforcing guidelines or company policies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to include friendly and positive attitude.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a SEA driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated success in conflict resolution/diffusion.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personnel protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Must be willing to comply with and ensure ambassadors comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
NOTE - STATUS INFORMATION:
- Observes Main Gate entry area for suspicious persons and activity.
- Operate metal detectors at guest entrances.
- Conducts bag checks of guests and ambassadors
- Help ensure safety of guests and ambassadors.
- Requires knowledge of the park in order to assist guests with questions and information.
- Staff various locations to assist with crowd control.
- Assists with location of lost person/children and their reunion.
- Assist with traffic control when requested.
- Works as part of a team to provided excellent guest service.
- Maintains a professional appearance that meets grooming standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Part-time ambassadors are year-round employees. They will be scheduled in accordance with our operating schedule and will need to be available weekends, 4-6 days a week during spring break and summer, as well as holidays. Hours may vary based on business need on a year-round basis.The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!