Do you have medical technologist training and a desire to work in a non-traditional setting? We’re looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our exceptional and innovative Veterinary Services Laboratory Team! What you get to do:
As a Medical Technologist you will perform laboratory analyses to enable veterinarians and curators to properly manage the health of the animal collection in the park and the animals rescued, rehabilitated, and returned back into the wild.
What it takes to succeed:
- Perform all analyses in Hematology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Mycology, Parasitology, Urinalysis, Cytology, and Water Analysis for park animal population.
- Identify abnormal results and recommend potential solutions.
- Maintain laboratory records and data entry into established computer system.
- Prepare and process samples and maintain records for research projects.
- Label, transport, and ship clinical and research samples.
- Maintain laboratory and pharmacy equipment and supplies.
- Dispense vitamin, pharmaceutical, and other supplies for daily use.
- Assist in personnel training of laboratory equipment operation and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s or an Associate’s degree in a science discipline and experience as a Medical Technologist or Medical Lab Technician.
- A current license from the State of Florida Board of Health as a Medical Technologist or Medical Lab Technician.
- A valid state driver’s license and be able to obtain a company driver’s license.
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Availability to work varying shifts or hours based on park hours; i.e. be able to work opening and closing shifts.
Must be comfortable:
- Training with and properly using personal protective equipment.
- Working around water.
- Working around fumes/dust/odor/chemicals.
- Working indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and temperature extremes.
The perks of the position:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred.
- Advanced mathematical and spelling skills preferred.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills preferred.
- Experience operating basic laboratory analysis equipment preferred.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!