The Entertainment Work Shops is seeking Technicians with an eagerness to learn and grow professionally. Our team welcomes positive, forward thinking professionals with respect for the work, their fellow employees, and the animals that make SeaWorld a unique and special place to work. As a team we work together to provide an environment for growth professionally in the theatrical field. The Entertainment Work Shops supports the technical needs of SeaWorld Entertainment with the true reward coming from the guests, more specifically the look of amazement as experienced through the eyes of a small child as they experience the wonders of our wildlife. Primary Purpose:
Responsible for artistic painting, preparation, ongoing installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of all Entertainment theming for venues and shows as related to scenic elements and properties. Support of Park wide theming and special events related to scenic elements and properties as needed. Operation of assigned technical tracks (i.e. stage hand, follow-spot, set-up/strike crew, pyro crew, safety, green tag, etc.) during public performances, rehearsals and special events; and venue specific duties as required.Basic Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years in all safety critical positions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be physically capable of working at heights (catwalks, boom lifts, man lifts, etc.)., lifting 50 lbs. or more, and working comfortably around water.
- Must be willing to walk and stand for long periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must be able to multitask while maintaining a positive attitude to ensure excellent guest service.
- Ability to obtain a SWSA driver’s license in order to operate SWSA vehicles.
- Basic knowledge of theatrical, artistic, and production painting, fiber glass and the application of specialty coatings.
- Must have a want to grow as an individual as well as a member of our Entertainment Work Shops team. Making use of available training, resources and opportunities throughout your career to develop and continue to grow professionally.
- Two (2) years of professional experience as Scenic builder, painter or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of basic rigging, as it relates to theatrical installation.
- Ability to paint a set or prop from an approved design with color elevation. Ability to custom mix and match color.
- Ability to apply scenic paint techniques (Dutchman, canvas sizing) to set and property elements.
- Knowledge of mold making and sculpting preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced tools, paint applications, specialty coatings (sanders, fiberglass resins, foam coat, airless sprayers and compressors).
- Experience or have equivalent work experience operating and maintaining multiple venues simultaneously throughout a seasonal atmosphere.
- Perform Scenic Arts Craftsperson Sr. duties and responsibilities at a general level of proficiency with an understanding and demonstration of basic theatrical technical skills.
- Scenic painting and preparation of scenic elements and properties for all related events, as assigned.
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and/or repair of all scenic elements, properties, equipment and hardware.
- Support Park wide special events with set up and strike or scenic elements, as needed.
- Perform daily venue specific maintenance, operation, start-up and shut-down procedures, as assigned.
- Perform warehouse prep and maintenance and other behind the scene duties for entertainment shows and/or events.
- Perform all duties as directed by leadership for the good of the department and park.
- Communicate with fellow technicians to share necessary schedule changes, show changes, and other details pertaining to daily operational duties.
- Work as part of a team to increase productivity while providing excellent guest service.
- Responsible for guest, personal and animal safety by bringing potentially dangerous situations to the attention of the leadership.
- Maintain park cleanliness, maintenance and safety standards through all assigned tasks.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous and professional behavior in all work aspects with all team members and guests. Demonstrating respect for their fellow employees, performers and animals.
- Develop a professional approach to the career and function as a team member showing consideration, tolerance, cooperation, reliability and the ability to accept criticism.
- Practice safety as it pertains to SEA Best Practices and Rigging Standards and all other relevant industry guidelines. Safe work habits including, but not limited to, the use of personal protective equipment, pass a respirator fit test, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Must be willing to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Adhere to all SeaWorld and departmental policies.
- Develops an awareness of guest satisfaction with the SeaWorld product.