Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!What you get to do:
The Assistant Supervisor for Education Tours will supervise the team delivering guided behind-the-scenes tours for public guests and private groups, to include VIP guests and for consumer events such as Howl-O-Scream and Christmas Celebration
What it takes to succeed:
- Assist with set-up, check in, runner, seat saving at shows, and breakdown.
- Monitor animal exhibits to ensure guest safety during events.
- Develop and coordinate daily schedules.
- Coordinate interdepartmental and external requests and communications.
- Closely monitor budgeted labor and revenue goals.
- Support operational needs, train tour guides, deliver excellent guest experiences.
- Act as a management liaison with clients, park guests and other departments.
- Maintain professional quality standards with guest interactions in times of high stress.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with Ambassadors, Vendors and our Guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What else is important:
- At least 18 years of age
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in theatre, education, biology or related subject preferred.
- Prior leadership experience preferred
- Full availability each day of the week, with end times as late as 2:00 am throughout all the consumer events for the entire duration of the Seasonal role from August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023.
- Valid State Driver's License.
- Ability to provide and coach ambassadors to deliver exceptional guest service.
- Ability to learn and share with ambassadors the park layout.
- Able to follow and coach ambassadors to adhere to all park and departmental policies and procedures.
- Willing to comply and hold ambassadors accountable with all SEA grooming and safety guidelines.
- Perform the following physical activities: kneeling, bending, squatting, bend floor-to waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead, simple grasp and fine hand manipulation tasks (use of tools/keyboard/writing).
The perks of the position:
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Position engages in extensive walking and standing throughout work shift
- Ability to to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat. Position may be exposed to fumes, dust, odors, and cold/heat temperature extremes.
- Working knowledge of Global Reservation and MPR reservations systems preferred.
- Work a flexible schedule/hour based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you