Performer II(Dancers and Costume Characters)
Sesame Place San Diego is seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world, and play an important part on our incredible team.What you get to do:
Sesame Place San Diego is looking for dancers and character performers for a brand-new stage show, the Sesame Street Party Parade, as well as a variety of other roles. As a Performer II, you’ll enthusiastically represent Sesame Place San Diego by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy, and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
What it takes to succeed:
- Embody the childlike innocence, enthusiasm, and mannerisms of the world renown Sesame Street Muppet characters
- Perform as Sesame Costume Character, Dancer, Character Escort, and/or Puppeteer both in park and out-of-park as assigned
- Perform in Sesame Street stage shows, parades, meet-and-greets, and special events as assigned
- Serve as an expert performer for multiple assigned characters, with the ability to perform all characters in your height range
- Perform duties of an expert character escort, which include facilitating interaction and communication between character and guests, providing directions and park information, and entertaining guests.
- May assist with Sesame Street character training and rehearsals.
- Openly accepts performance feedback and critique and adapts accordingly.
- Execute pre and post show backstage duties as outlined in the daily schedule
- Assist Costuming team with laundry and maintenance projects as needed
- Ensure adherence to safety and procedural directions that accompany this position
- Consistently and expertly executes stage direction and show content as directed by leadership.
- Maintains a positive and flexible attitude.
- Positively interacts with guests, employees, and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What else is important:
- Height range of 4’11” to 6’2” with slender, athletic build
- Personable and animated with a fun, outgoing personality
- Ability to openly accept performance feedback/critiques and adapt accordingly
- Ability to work in indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions and temperature extremes while performing in a character costume
- Demonstrated strong costume and escorting skills
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds
- Availability to work varying shifts or hours based on park hours; i.e. be able to work opening and closing shifts, as well as after hour rehearsals
- Ability to move and dance in full costume at a standard consistent with creative intent
- Ability to maintain character integrity
- Willingness to participate in regular internal performance assessments
- Previous costume character and/or dance experience preferred
- Previous guest experience in a high-volume capacity preferred
- Previous experience in the fields of dance, theater, athletics, or other performance arts preferred.
- Be able to positively interact with guests and co-workers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or language, and individuals with special needs.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Stand, walk and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Audition requirements may include dance, movement, script memorization, role playing, comedic improvisation, and miming as necessary.
All applicants must in-person AUDITIONS on one of the following dates:
- Be able to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Position engages in extensive walking and standing throughout entire work shift and climb/ascend heights, if needed
- Perform the following physical activities: kneeling, squatting, bend floor-to waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead, simple grasp and fine hand manipulation tasks (use of tools/keyboard/writing)
- Be able to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat. Position may be exposed to fumes, dust, odors, and cold/heat temperature extremes
- Perform cleaning duties, including use of cleaning chemicals
- Work a flexible schedule/hour based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Be flexible in work locations as placement will depend on business needs and career development opportunities
- Wednesday June 22nd, 2022; Check In begins at 6pm. Audition starts at 6:30pm.
- Sunday, June 26th, 2022; Check In begins at 12pm. Audition starts at 12:30pm.
- Sunday, June 26th, 2022; Check In begins at 5pm. Audition starts at 5:30pm.
- Location: Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute: 2595 Ingraham St, San Diego, CA. 92109
- Please come dressed and prepared to dance and participate in character animation exercises; a dance combination will be taught.
The perks of the position:
- Please bring headshot and resume.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!