Are you passionate about fostering the human-animal bond? Are you committed to the humane and responsible treatment of animals? Do you want to share the incredible qualities and potential of animals with the world? We’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, maintaining a high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job. Provides support for Zoological animal areas and programs and staffs the animal feeder booths. Responsible for water safety during guest interaction with animals.
What you get to do:
• Staff central fish warehouse and staff animal feeder booth areas in park to sell fish to guests.
• Maintain safe and sanitary living areas and areas of food preparation and storage.
• Follows policies and procedures including abiding by USDA regulations.
• Prepare animal diets and store/inventory food.
• Provide accurate cash handling and accounting of sales for interactive programs on Global Res system and Omnico for feeder booth sales
• Assist in emergency situations
• Provide water rescue, CPR/AED, and First Aid
• Perform duties in and out of the water around animals at exhibits
• Maintain the safety of animals and people in and around the pools
• Maintain proficiency in park knowledge Greet guests and assist with interaction program check-in and wetsuits
• Maintain quality cleanliness standards in locker facilities
• Prepare male/female locker rooms and stock appropriate wetsuit sizes
• Prepare male/female interaction locker rooms by pulling guest list and stocking appropriate wetsuit sizes
• Clean wetsuits, locker room, locker room restrooms, and surrounding area
• Identify, observe and answer guest questions about exhibit animals, conservation and the park
• Maintain safe and sanitary living areas and areas of food preparation and storage
• Watch for unsafe situations around the exhibits
• Ensure excellent customer service by responding to customer requirements, expectations, and needs
• Occasionally assist other locations and areas in the park as needed
• Other duties as assigned
What it takes to succeed:
• At least 18 years of age
• A valid driver's license
• Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds several times per shift.
• Able to stand, walk and work for prolonged periods of time in a variety of weather conditions including extreme cold and/or wet, sunny and humid conditions
• Able to regularly use hands and arms to reach, handle, and feel as well as repetitive motions to include stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling or bending
• Able to obtain and maintain American Red Cross Lifeguard certification
• Pass the American Red Cross Lifeguard swimming skills test
• Able to positively interact with guests and co-workers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or languages, and individuals with special needs
• Be comfortable working in close proximity to park animals
• Have strong written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
• Practice safe work habits including, but not limited to, the use of personal protective equipment and reporting of unsafe situations
• Handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
• Be proficient in basic math
• Strong organizational skills
• Able to speak, read and write in English; Bilingual preferred
• Able to work weekends, holidays, early mornings (5:30-6:00 a.m.) and late evenings
Education and Special Skill:
• High school diploma or equivalent American Red Cross Lifeguard certification preferred
• Lifeguard experience preferred
• Experience preparing animal diets preferred
• Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
• Previous experience in a guest service related position preferred
You will be asked to complete a virtual interview after submitting your application.
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
• FREE park admission
• Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
• Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
Join the team!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!