When you’re at one of our theme parks, the fun never ends! And our audio/visual team is a big reason why. If you’re a self-motivated technician, and have the knowledge and skills to keep our shows and events sounding great – jump right in!What you get to do
As a Theatrical Services Tech, you’ll be responsible for assisting with the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of all Entertainment and Park audio/video systems.
You will also:
What is takes to succeed
- Perform entertainment service technical duties at a general level of proficiency with an understanding and demonstration of basic theatrical technical skills.
- Troubleshoot needed maintenance and make minor repairs on sound systems, audio speakers, video components and other technical equipment as assigned/
- Support Park wide events with install, operation and strike of audio/visual/lighting systems as needed.
- Perform daily venue specific maintenance, operation, start-up and shut-down procedures, to include, operating audio equipment and mixers, HDTV studio camera’s, and switchers. Specific needs vary by venue.
- Perform warehouse prep and maintenance and other behind the scenes duties for entertainment shows and/or events.
- Perform all duties as directed by leadership for the good of the department and park.
- Communicate with fellow technicians to share necessary schedule changes, show changes, and other details pertaining to daily operational duties.
- Work as part of a team to increase productivity while providing excellent guest service.
- Responsible for guest, personal and animal safety by bringing potentially dangerous situations to the attention of their leadership.
- Maintain park cleanliness, maintenance and safety standards through all assigned tasks.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous and professional behavior in all work aspects with all team members and guests. Demonstrating respect for their fellow employees, performers and animals.
- Develop a professional approach to the career and function as a team member showing consideration, tolerance, cooperation, reliability and the ability to accept criticism.
- Practice safety as it pertains to SEA Best Practices and Rigging Standards and all other relevant industry guidelines. Safe work habits including, but not limited to, the use of personal protective equipment, pass a respirator fit test, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Fosters a professional work environment displaying both team and individual contributions.
- Adhere to all SeaWorld and departmental policies.
- Develops an awareness of guest satisfaction with the SeaWorld product.
What else is important
- At least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of professional experience as an Audio/Video Technician or other related discipline.
- Able to obtain a SWSA driver’s license; boom lift and fork lift certifications.
- Knowledge of basic rigging, electrical practices, audio/video components and wireless systems.
- Knowledge of audio system components, active and passive speakers, amps, consoles and related equipment
- Knowledge of and ability to use basic tools and knowledge of advanced tools related to the audio/video industry (i.e. digital multi meter, soldering iron, wire strippers, digital consoles and video generators).
- Physically capable of working at heights (catwalks, boom lifts, man lifts, etc.).
- Able to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Able to multitask while maintaining a positive attitude to ensure excellent guest service.
- Provide excellent service to guests and team members.
- Able to stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations
- Willing to comply with and ensure team members comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with Ambassadors, Vendors and our Guests
- Perform other duties as assigned
The perks of the position
- Deployment and installation of audio/video plots for all related events.
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and/or repair of all audio/video systems, equipment and hardware.
- Assist with training and development of all lower level audio/video personnel.
- Support Park wide special events with set-up, operation and strike of audio/video systems as needed.
- Practice safety as it pertains to SEA Best Practices and Rigging Standards and all other relevant industry guidelines.
- Consistently demonstrates courteous and professional behavior in all work aspects with all team members and guests.
- Works as part of a team to increase productivity and while providing excellent guest service.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
- Paid Floating Holidays
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan