$1000 Hiring Bonus
We’ve got 1000 reasons to join the Sesame Place family! Here is how you can jump into exciting opportunities that ensure a memorable and positive experience for our guests and bonus up! $500 at 30 days$500 after September 5th
Sesame Place Ambassadors must provide consistent availability and adhere to our 2022 Holiday and Availability agreement.
Join us at Sesame Place and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Come and play an important part on our incredible team today! What you get to do:
As a Performer II (Actor/Vocalist or Dancer) you get to bring iconic characters to life while also bringing joy and laughter to the lives of others while providing exceptional guest service. You will:
What it takes to succeed:
- Provide exemplary service to guests and team members
- Perform as an actor/singer in 4-8 shows per day in assigned area according to show schedule
- Perform in parade, scheduled shows, and character walks in/out of costume
- Complete warm-up on individual basis to ensure performance without injury Develop skills/knowledge to maintain excellent quality show/appearance
- Follow through on performance notes to ensure progress in specific areas
- Assist those in character costumes with dressing and undressing
- Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations
- Assist in the daily operational aspects of assigned show, reporting prop/costume repairs in a timely manner.
- Work with cast/crew and management to maintain the integrity of the show
- Perform and complete assigned tasks from management as needed
What else is important:
- At least 15 years of age
- Demonstrate ability to perform in casted role during the audition process
- A passion for customer service
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Active listener with the ability to anticipate guests’ needs
- Flexibility to perform varied duties
- Background in dance, theatre or athletics preferred
The perks of the position:
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 50 lbs
- Position engages in extensive walking and standing throughout entire work shift
- Perform the following physical activities: kneeling, squatting, bend floor-to waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead, simple grasp and fine hand manipulation tasks (use of tools/keyboard/writing)
- Perform cleaning duties; including use of cleaning chemicals
- Willingness to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat (both in and out of costume)
- Provide flexible, consistent availability (including nights, weekends and holidays) and adhere to our 2022 Holiday and Availability agreement.
- Consistently practice safe work habits including the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and reporting unsafe situations
- Ability to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements within established timelines
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
- Exclusive employee events and giveaways
- Scholarship opportunities
- SEPTA has an exclusive bus stop for Sesame Place Ambassadors on Route 14
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you! Open Auditions
Date: June 5, 2022
Where: Sesame Place Administration Building
Time: 9:00am-12:00pm - Auditions start promptly at 9:00am so please plan on being there 10-15 minutes in advancePrepare for the Audition
- You will be taught a brief dance combination at the audition. Please arrive on time to learn and perform it for the audition team.
- Auditioning can be a lengthy process; you may be asked to stay for an interview.
- Please arrive early enough to stretch and warm up before the audition begins.
- Please wear form fitting dance attire that allows a full range of movement.
- Prepare a resume and headshot, which will be retained by the audition team.
- All positions require ambassadors to perform in character costumes
- You must be able to perform in extreme temperatures, including summer weather.
- You must be able to stand for long periods of time.
This position is currently paid at a premium seasonal rate of $13.50 per hour through 9/5/2022.