$1000 Hiring Bonus
We’ve got 1000 reasons to join the Sesame Place family! Here is how you can jump into exciting opportunities that ensure a memorable and positive experience for our guests and bonus up! $500 at 30 days$500 after September 5th
Join us at Sesame Place and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Come and play an important part on our incredible team today! What you get to do:
As a Performer I in Entertainment, you will bring iconic characters to life while also bringing joy and laughter to the lives of others. Performer I’s will also have out-of-costume responsibilities, such as escorting the characters during scheduled character walks, maintain cleanliness in all venues, etc. You will:
What it takes to succeed:
- Provide exemplary service to guests and team members
- Host shows in all theaters, encourage audience participation, ensure both guest and team member safety
- Perform in parade and character walks both in and out of character costumes
- Escort costume characters during walks
- Develop skills/knowledge to maintain excellent quality show/appearance
- Accept and adapt to performance feedback and critiques
- Assist those in character costumes with dressing and undressing
- Work with cast/crew and management to maintain the integrity of the show
- Communicate professionally and effectively with Ambassadors, Vendors and our Guests
- Maintain cleanliness, crowd control and guest safety in all venues
What else is important:
- At least 15 years of age
- Demonstrate ability to perform in casted role during the audition process
- A passion for customer service
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Active listener with the ability to anticipate guests’ needs
- Flexibility to perform varied duties
- Background in dance, theatre or athletics preferred
The perks of the position:
- Ability to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 50 lbs
- Position engages in extensive walking and standing throughout entire work shift
- Perform the following physical activities: kneeling, squatting, bend floor-to waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead, simple grasp and fine hand manipulation tasks (use of tools/keyboard/writing)
- Perform cleaning duties; including use of cleaning chemicals
- Willingness to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat (both in and out of costume)
- Flexible, consistent availability (including nights, weekends and holidays) and adhere to our 2022 Holiday and Availability agreement.
- Consistently practice safe work habits including the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and reporting unsafe situations
- All ambassadors who are not fully vaccinated must wear a mask at all times during their shift
- Ability to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements within established timelines
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
- Exclusive employee events and giveaways
- Scholarship opportunities
- SEPTA has an exclusive bus stop for Sesame Place Ambassadors on Route 14
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you! Open Auditions
Date: June 5, 2022
Where: Sesame Place Administration Building
Time: 9:00am-12:00pm - Auditions start promptly at 9:00am so please plan on being there 10-15 minutes in advancePrepare for the Audition
- You will be taught a brief dance combination at the audition. Please arrive on time to learn and perform it for the audition team.
- Auditioning can be a lengthy process; you may be asked to stay for an interview.
- Please arrive early enough to stretch and warm up before the audition begins.
- Please wear form fitting dance attire that allows a full range of movement.
- Prepare a resume and headshot, which will be retained by the audition team.
- All positions require ambassadors to perform in character costumes
- You must be able to perform in extreme temperatures, including summer weather.
- You must be able to stand for long periods of time.
This position is currently paid at a premium seasonal rate of $13.00 per hour through 9/5/2022.