At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 39,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!What you get to do:
Provide creative services support to capital projects, as assigned, within the SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEA) Attractions group. Support the VP of Attraction Design & Development with the development of attraction creative, theming, graphics, and design.
What it takes to succeed:
- Provide design expertise and design services in support of the Creative Development process for major attractions, culinary venues, retail shops and sundry projects throughout the SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEA) parks system. Manage and collaborate with project stakeholders and outside design consultants. Foster positive relationships with park Design & Engineering and other management staff to ensure design standards are delivered consistently during the execution of all projects. Provide art direction during construction phase of assigned projects.
- Produce presentation quality drawings, renderings, illustrations, diagrams, presentations, flavor boards and other imagery as required to clearly communicate design intent for review and/or use during development review meetings and presentations.
- Collaborate with the VP of Attraction Design & Development to broaden SEA’s base of competent design professionals. Maintain current contact information for all design consultants, sign and graphics vendors, ride vendors, and other specialty consultants. Coordinate creative workshop sessions and facility set up. Manage the timely execution of Creative Development Agreements and Project Authorizations in accordance with SEA’s Capital Projects Controls & Procedures. Position is responsible for tracking spending and processing invoices for all consultants used during the Creative Development phase of all projects.
- Direct the efforts of external design consultants in the collaborative development of conceptual design alternatives for new products and attractions. Critique and refine design solutions integrating feedback from SEA upper management and/or park end users.
- Collaborate with Park management teams to establish design criteria, define priorities and refine overall Creative scope for Minor attractions, Sundry capital projects and other small (non-capital) projects requiring corporate design direction. Manage the Creative Development process and production of appropriate design review documents. Obtain final concept approval and manage the production of documents suitable for competitive bidding. Conduct comprehensive reviews of bids in conjunction with SEA Procurement and the project management team. Provide corporate oversight of project execution as directed.
- Provide on-site art direction and/or manage contracted art directors and producers for all assigned projects. Coordinate the execution and installation of specialty work with the project management team.
- Select interior finishes and fixtures, management of the music and audio track composition, education and conservation signage and graphics design direction, gaming and interactive component direction which all supplement the guest experience.
- Maintain a current library and/or knowledge of materials, samples, and finishes via ongoing contacts with various product representatives. Maintain current contact information for design consultants, signage & graphics vendors, ride vendors, and other miscellaneous specialties.
- Assist in planning and review efforts to maintain overall thematic integrity throughout the SEA parks system.
- Position is responsible for the execution of creative design solutions to support the development of Major new attractions, Minor attractions and Sundry projects throughout SEA.
- Position is accountable for the efficient management of external design consultants.
- Position is accountable for strict adherence to established project budgets & schedules.
A highly motivated, creative professional whose attributes include the following:
The Perks of the Position:
- Self-starter, strong organizational and communication skills
- Highly skilled in multiple design disciplines and creative problem solving
- Technically proficient in the use of current industry software including AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly skilled in photo-composite illustration, presentation design, and art direction
- Ability to effectively lead a diverse group of design professionals & flourish in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to draw or sketch, in order to visually communicate creative ideas
- Ability to properly select colors, fonts, design treatments, and related creative or thematic decisions
- Undergraduate degree in Architecture, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Planning, Theatre Design, or other related design discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a professional design environment with a primary focus on thematic and/or architectural design solutions for theme parks or related industries.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
- Paid Floating Holidays
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan