Park Quality Ambassador (Custodial Technician)
Are you something of a clean freak? Do you consistently expect to exceed others expectations? Is good just never good enough for you? We’re looking for dedicated, diligent, energetic individuals to deliver exceptional guest services throughout our park.What you get to do:
As a Park Quality Ambassador responsible for park areas, office buildings, and restrooms, you’ll ensure an exemplary level of guest service, including engaging with guests and maintaining a clean and safe environment through the park. Working in a team environment, you will model a positive attitude, a high level of energy and an unyielding commitment to quality. You will:
What it takes to succeed:
- Maintain general cleanliness, organization, and quality of park facilities, including all park areas, offices buildings, and restrooms.
- Janitorial services to include trash removal/ disposal, sweeping, mopping, window washing, roof/ gutter cleaning, canopy/ light globe cleaning, fire hosing, restroom cleaning, restaurant cleaning, store/ merchandise area cleaning, cobweb removal/ cleaning, storage room/ area cleaning, dumpster cleaning, leaf blowing/ removal/ disposal, hard floor care, and carpet care
- Custodial services to include pressure washing, hosing, event set-up/ take-down, special projects, core drilling, placement/ removal/ or repairs to umbrellas, tables, trash cans, benches, urns, and dispensers, emergency cleaning/ repairs, product stocking, warehouse cleanliness, and any safety related need and/ or assignment
- Equipment operation including water truck, sweeper truck, street sweeper, tractor, pressure washer, carpet extractor, baler, compactor, forklift, man-lift, backhoe.
- Preventative maintenance services to include equipment inspections and equipment cleaning for all department equipment (excluding vehicles)
- Other related services may include crowd control and parking lot services/ cleaning as needed to meet department goals and other duties as assigned
- Provide excellent guest service to any encountered guest or ambassador
The perks of the position:
- At least 18 years of age or older
- A valid state driver's license and ability to obtain SeaWorld driver's license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Strong comprehensive and communication skills
- Able to stand, walk, and work in extreme weather conditions for prolonged periods of time. (i.e. thunderstorms, rain, high temperatures, humid and temperatures below 30 degrees)
- Able to push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weeknights, weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Year round coverage is required! Shifts are currently scheduled from 3am-11:30am but may include 12am-7:30am shifts on occasion as needed.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations
- Willing to comply with and ensure ambassadors comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards
- Able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
Join the team
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!