Acts as the operator and technician for assigned parade float both during parade and behind the scenes. Responsible for the safe operation and maneuvering of parade floats along the parade route as well as into and out of storage. Float drivers are responsible for being continuously alert during operation to maintain the highest level of safety and will be required to safely manipulate vehicles around obstacles and people. Drivers are responsible for performing moves and operating all float equipment including theatrical effects within parade script and blocking.Basic Requirements:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months theater or live show experience in an operational capacity preferred.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license with no major infractions and the ability to obtain a SEA parks driver’s permit.
- Experience operating heavy machinery (fork lifts, man lifts, pick up trucks, box trucks) strongly preferred.
- Must be familiar with theatrical terminology.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Must be able to react quickly to both aural and visual directions.
- Must be comfortable working in tight spaces and in close proximity to other people.
- Must be comfortable utilizing all required PPE including but not limited to: dual ear over the ear hearing protection.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25lbs.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, overnights and holidays
- Safely operate and maneuver float vehicles weighing up to 15,000lbs.
- Responsible for the safe driving of parade floats along parade route as well as into and out of storage.
- Perform start of day of checks on parade floats as well as maintain logging on vehicle and technical element performance.
- Duties include, but are not limited to, towing of other float units; driving backstage and onstage; loading and unloading of characters; and assisting with props and Technical Systems readiness.
- Operate technical equipment such as on board show control, communications, Audio, Lighting, Video and Special Effects. Including operation of theatrical effects and float to music.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines, procedures, and pre-determined routes and cues.
- Assists in the start up and preparation of all floats including but not limited to cleaning, effect preparation, set props,
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Assist with other Entertainment Projects and installations as assigned.
- Provides a high level of guest service with positive attitude towards both park guests and ambassadors.