Responsible for successful maintenance operation of all park electrical infrastructure including scheduled preventative maintenance repairs. Ensures employee performance expectations through feedback, access to tools and resources, and training activities including pre-operational, equipment and safety. Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
What You Get To Do:
• Leads and schedules shop Electrical team, vendors and outside contractors.
• Determines distribution of workload, anticipates staffing for downtime periods, ensures appropriate employee rotation for development, and oversees labor budget.
• Prepares, implements, and balances the electric shop's annual operating budget.
• Performs administrative duties required to support shop functions; writes, reviews and authorizes standard operating procedures; completes work orders.
• Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, repair of general lighting and power circuits as required by workload; a variety of commercial electrical appliances used in food preparation; motors and motor controls, and many miscellaneous types of electrical devices used throughout the park.
• Installs electrical wiring according to governing codes, installs additional light and receptacle circuitry in existing structures and new additions to the park.
• Ensures stock is available for all projects.
• Communicates training activities including diagnostic and troubleshooting and professional certifications.
• Provides expert electrical knowledge, recommends process improvement, and monitors key performance metrics.
• Ensures accurate timekeeping; provides coaching and written corrective action as needed; partners with manager to administer serious level corrective action.
• Coordinates the delivery of annual performance reviews and ongoing performance feedback as needed.
• Ensures excellent customer service by anticipating and responding to customer requirements, expectations, and needs.
• Maintains a safe work environment; ensures employees receive all required safety training, equipment and supplies, and safe work practices are followed.
• Conducts all accident investigations an conduct follow-up review with employees.
• Other duties assigned.
What It Takes To Succeed:
• Must have 5 years experience in the Electrical trade or related field.
• Must have 2 years supervising or managing a work group to include assigning and evaluating work, performance feedback, training and development, financial responsibility of an area or division.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have and maintain a valid California driver's license; visiting students and military must have valid driver's license from state of residency and able to provide a copy of the DMV report. Must be able to meet requirements to drive SeaWorld vehicles.
• Must be a current State of California Certified General Electrician
• Must have working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and the electrical code for the City of San Diego
• Must be able to install all electrical wiring according to code and advise others on the same.
• Must have proficient knowledge of English language with excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to present to small groups of people.
• Strong leadership skills and able to resolve issues.
• Able to successfully work in and leas a team.
• Ability to collaborate with other functions and departments to complete job duties.
• Strong interpersonal skills to include team building, influence, inspiration, and negotiation.
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong mathematical skill.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word).
• Proficiency in job related systems such as SAP, Park Ware, KRONOS, and TMM preferred.
• Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
• Able to positively interact with guests and co-workers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or language, and individuals with special needs.
• Able to problem solve and troubleshoot issues.
• Able to frequently lift/move up to 50 pounds or more.
• Regularly use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, handle, feel; stoop, crawl, or kneel.
• Extensive bending, lifting, carrying and climbing at various heights (over 300ft/Skytower).
• Work indoors and in outside weather conditions (i.e., wet and/or humid conditions).
• Work weekends, holidays, early mornings and late evenings.
• Resume Required.
The Perks of The Position:
• Paid Time Off- Vacation, Optional Holidays, and Sick pay
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 401K plan
• Life Insurance
• Disability Benefits
• Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Legal Assistance Plan
• SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets
• SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
Join the team!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!