Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!
SeaWorld Orlando’s Camp is accredited by the American Camp Association and consists of week-long camp sessions designed to engage and activate campers in caring for the natural world. Seasonal Counselors will work alongside SeaWorld Educators and park leadership to offer an exciting and educational experience that will be the beginning of a lifelong connection to the ocean and its inhabitants.This position begins on Monday, May 17, 2021 ending on Friday, August 6, 2021. Applicants must be fully available Monday through Friday for the entire duration of the season.Requirements and Competencies
- At least 19 years of age.
- At least (1) one year of college experience and currently enrolled or have a valid college degree.
- At least six (6) months of prior experience working with children.
- Working knowledge of the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain professional etiquette
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to maintain accuracy with attention to detail while multitasking
- CPR certified by hire date
- Able to stand and walk for an entire shift
- Able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Comfortable working around water and animals
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able to work indoors/outdoors with or without A/C for entire shift
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Willing to comply with and ensure team members comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Full availability Monday through Friday with no restrictions during entire season
- Available to work varying shifts/ hours based on business need, to include opening, mid, closing shifts and holidays
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license preferred
- Possession of a valid college degree or seeking a degree in Education, Recreation or Biological Sciences
- Experience working with children in a camp or educational setting
- Extracurricular or volunteer experience
- Organize, inventory and prepare materials for daily camp programming
- Teach classes and implement games and activities for campers from Pre-K through 12th Grade
- Greet and welcome children and parents who arrive for SeaWorld Camp programs
- Safely direct vehicles and participants to the appropriate areas for the programs
- Assist with gate and ticket office staffing
- Assist with preparation/processing of camp confirmation materials
- Maintain area cleanliness
- Assist camp management with daily operations
- Perform other duties as assigned