Make a splash and earn cash! Sign-on Bonus for this position is $2,000Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades! At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.What you get to do:
As a Line Cook, you’ll prepare high quality food that meets SeaWorld standards by following menu specifications. You will follow all safety and HACCP guidelines, use proper protective gear, and test food temperatures. You will also:
What it takes to succeed:
- Oversee final prepared food quality
- Utilize advanced and non-automated kitchen equipment, including open flame char grill, smokers, steam kettles, woks and large bakery machinery
- Keep all assigned areas clean and sanitary
- Incorporate knowledge of top eight allergens into the preparation of dietary meals
- Interact with Ambassadors and guests and deliver excellent service
- Perform other duties as assigned
3 full days of availability is needed (one of those days must be a weekend day). You will be scheduled to work from park open to park closeThe perks of the position:
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to work with all food types, including food allergens, in any dining facility
- At least one year of cooking experience or a combination of cooking experience and culinary school
- Basic knife skills
- Ability to pass SafeStaff training and RCS Responsible Vendor Training (alcohol)
- Ability to train on and use protective gear and kitchen equipment
- Ability to stand for entire shift
- Ability to lift, carry and push/pull up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to use cleaning chemicals as well as work in all weather conditions
- Scheduling flexibility
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced, high-production environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal and guest service skills
- Ability to prepare special dietary meals
- In-depth food safety and allergen knowledge a plus
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!
This position is currently paid at a premium seasonal rate of $16.50 through 9/5/2022.