Husbandry Assistant (Aquarium)
At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 40,000 animals (and counting!). Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!What you get to do:
As a Husbandry Assistant, you will provide basic support to Zoological team as it relates to maintaining animal habitats; food preparation and basic husbandry tasks. Husbandry Assistants also provide support for shows, presentations, and interaction programs:
What it takes to succeed:
- Perform supporting roles and/or operational support during shows/tours/presentations. Role would not involve direct contact with animals unless in Aquatica or in an emergency with direct support of a leadership member.
- Perform daily husbandry tasks including administration of vitamins as directed, food preparation, maintaining a safe and sanitary working area for all animal living habitats.
- Assist guests and zoological staff in preparation for interaction programs and education for our guests.
- Make daily animal observations and report any concerns to leadership staff.
- Other reasonable tasks and responsibilities requested of leadership
What else is important:
- At least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience working with animals preferred
- Ability to pass SeaWorld pre-employment swim test
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain a SeaWorld driver’s license
- Strong English communication skills
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Basic math skills and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather
- Excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette skills
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, overnight, and holidays
- Ability to complete all legal, company and department training requirements
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations
- Must be willing to comply with and ensure team members comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards
- College background in psychology, zoology or biology preferred
- Strong knowledge of animal behavioral terms and recognize basic animal behaviors
Join the team
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat
- Work regularly Monday through Friday but with flexibility based on business need to include weekends, evenings, and holidays. Occasional travel required.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting, and reporting of unsafe situations.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!