The Sourcing & Procurement Analyst (BA) works in the Corporate Supply Chain organization as part of a Sourcing Center of Excellence team. Primary responsibility is to leverage internal and external data to drive a competitive advantage and value for SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. The BA works closely with Category Managers and Supply Chain Leaders to support the sourcing process and subsequent implementation of programs.
The BA will play a role in supporting our Procurement systems and resources (i.e. spend analytics, eSourcing technology, ERP). Ability to learn new processes and systems quickly will be very beneficial. Responsibilities include data prep, communication, analyzing the results, cost modeling and reporting. Strong data skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, and Microsoft Excel expertise are essential.
In addition, the BA will support key initiatives, catalog management, and strategic sourcing projects. The BA will work on multiple initiatives simultaneously across categories and should possess strong analytical, project management, and negotiating skills.
• Conducts Spend Analysis, Risk Analysis, and Opportunity Assessment to identify strategic sourcing opportunities, cost reductions, supply base rationalization, and quality/process improvements.
• Understands the needs of Sr. Executives to present results that can be easily consumed and acted upon.
• Gathers, prepares, and presents pricing data and economic data for use in contract negotiations and supports Category Managers with contract negotiations and execution.
• Assists Category Managers with the development of category project plans and profiles.
• Build and execute online sourcing events (RFP, eAuctions) in collaboration with category managers.
• Leads sourcing events from project identification through contracting and acts as direct liaison to a business unit.
• Develops and manages regular department reporting requirements including key metrics, status of sourcing events and communicates updates to category managers and the team.
• Audits actual results to confirm compliance with contract terms and savings implementations.
• Continuously learns and demonstrates proficiency in Spend Analytics Technology configuration and platform best practices.
• Uses experience to optimize support processes for end users.
• Gathers stakeholder and subject-matter expertise/insights and business requirements to ensure sourcing solutions meet business needs.
• Communicates contractual changes to stakeholders following established best practices.
• Back up to Category Managers as directed.
• Performs other duties as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills, including but not limited to quantitative (financial and non-financial) and qualitative analysis of internal and external data to support the development and execution of business improvement strategies.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) with ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and organization skills with strong attention to detail.
• Solid judgment with ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing circumstances.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines and provide timely execution of multiple, concurrent highly complex tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of technologies and ERP systems and their role in performance and process improvement, i.e. SAP, Zycus or Ariba, Excel, PowerPoint, Vizio, etc.
• 2 plus years of relevant work experience such as strategic sourcing, data analytics.
• Basic knowledge of financial accounting, economic, operations, and business strategy concepts.
• Minimum of 1 year experience with RFPs from beginning to end.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or related field
• An advanced degree is desirable
• Professional certification in CPSM, CSCP, CSCMP a plus