Assistant Supervisor, Culinary Warehouse
At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 39,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!What you get to do:
What it takes to succeed:
- Accurately fill orders.
- Performs operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment.
- Prepares work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
- Confers with department leadership to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions such as production, sales, records control and purchasing.
- Directs salvage of damaged or used material.
- Participates in planning team member safety and park protection activities.
- Assists with any internal park special projects as needed.
- Maintains, receives and audits all inventories utilizing computer database for all warehouse locations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures excellent guest service by responding to guest requirements, expectations and needs.
- Occasionally assist other locations and areas throughout the park as needed.
- Follows labor line schedule and monitor stock levels.
- Supervises break schedules and maintain safety and cleanliness of assigned location.
- Occasionally supports other areas of the park as needed.
- Motivate self and team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, maintaining a high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
The perks of the position:
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong basic math skills.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Able to frequently lift/move 50 pounds, occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds.
- Stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Regularly use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, handle, feel, stoop or kneel.
- Handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work indoors and in outside weather conditions (i.e., sunny, wet and/or humid conditions).
- Work weekends, holidays, early mornings and late evenings and are able to work in a 24-hour operation.
- Able to positively interact with park guests and other team members of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or language, and individuals with special needs.
- Have a valid California driver's license; visiting students and military are required to have valid driver's license from state of residency and able to provide a copy of the DMV report.
- Ability to maneuver large pallets and flatbed in excess of 200 pounds.
- Forklift certification.
- Ability to drive box trucks.
- Be competent in park delivery schedules in order to cover pick tickets and deliveries.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Inventory management knowledge.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- Paid Floating Holidays
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!