Ride Carpenter Starting at $22.00 an hour
When you’re at one of our theme parks, the fun never ends! And our Ride Carpenter are a big reason why. If you’re self-motivated and have the knowledge and skill to keep our rides in peak working order – get on board! What you get to do:
As a Ride Carpenter, you will:
What it takes to succeed:
- Complete tasks assigned within time constraints implied by park guidelines.
- Provides support in troubleshooting carpentry problems with the ride or throughout the park.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities based on department need as necessary.
- Provides excellent service to guests and team members.
The perks of the position:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have extensive knowledge in operation of a wide range of power and hand tools (i.e. table saw, ban saw, panel saw, routers, planers, compound miter saws)
- Have at least three (3) years working knowledge in carpentry trade.
- Be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Have basic math skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a SEA driver’s license.
- Be able to quote new projects and work with supply vendors on ordering the correct materials to complete a given project.
- Be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Be able to walk uphill 35-40 degree slopes and must be able to work on heights above 150 feet.
- Be able to frequently lift, push, and pull a minimum of 75 pounds.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Be willing to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, nights and holidays.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- Paid Floating Holidays
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!