As a 365 day/year operation, full-time candidates are expected to provide flexible availability to support year-round operating needs. This may include, but is not limited to, working opening, mid-day and closing shifts during peak and non-peak seasons, as well as weekends and holidays.
Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!
This position includes the following benefits:
Paid Time Off- Vacation, Optional Holidays, and Sick pay
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
Legal Assistance Plan
SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets
SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
Requirements and Competencies
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must have at least 4 years irrigation experience
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have proven proficiency at the design, installation, adjustment, troubleshooting and repair of all components of park irrigation systems
• Must be proficient in cutting, assembling and gluing irrigation piping, sprinkler head operation and adjustment, and operation of irrigation controllers
• Must be able to work in water up to chin deep with flotation device in order to maintain horticultural displays adjacent to waterways
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to bend, kneel and climb repetitively
• Must be able to lift, push and pull 50 pounds
• Must be comfortable with heights
• Must be comfortable working around chemicals
• Must be comfortable working around fumes/dust/odor
• Must be comfortable with exposure to noise, vibrations and motion
• Must be able to train on and properly use protective gear
• Must be able to work indoors/outdoors in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
• Must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts; nights, weekends, and holidays
• 2 years guest service experience preferred
• Possession of a valid state driver’s license preferred
• Perform diverse horticultural, grounds keeping and greenhouse tasks, such as watering, weeding, planting, transplanting, pruning, mulching, and mowing
• Provide front line supervision and training of ambassadors in carrying out grounds keeping operations
• Provide and assist with formal performance feedback and developmental activities
• May assist in scheduling of ambassadors and managing scheduling requests
• Perform construction and installation tasks including but not limited to retention walls, pavement, and irrigation installation
• Operate equipment: mowers, augers, trimmers, shears, tillers, utility carts, water tanks, tractors, forklift, etc.
• Perform tasks related to cold-weather protection as well as preparation for storms and perform repair work for any weather damage or other damage
• Perform cleaning tasks so as to maintain a safe, clean, professional workplace
• Keep records of daily work activities
• Perform other duties as assigned