Join us at Sesame Place and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Come and play an important part on our incredible team today! What you get to do:
As a Security Captain, you will lead the entire Security Team through daily operation of the park on both Operating and Non-Operating hours to ensure a safe atmosphere for our employees and guests. This position will balance Security/Law Enforcement practices with that of Safety including Medical Response procedures, Fire Prevention, and Incident Management. You will:
What it takes to succeed:
- Lead all Security team in daily operations and special events
- Provide a level of consistent supervisory coverage in rotation with the leadership team.
- Responsible for development and performance management of Security team and adherence to department safety initiatives.
- Develop and implement all security training programs.
- Ensure all uniformed security officers adhere to all park policies and procedures with safe keeping of guests, employees, animal collection and company assets.
- Review and evaluate daily security activities and ensure proper and timely documentation and retention of all related records and reports
- Document and disseminate critical information in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain partnership and communication with all levels of outside law enforcement to include- local, federal, state law enforcement, judicial system and other security departments within SEA Parks and Entertainment.
- Promote a safe environment for guests, ambassadors and company property.
- Respond to significant incidents that occur during the shift and provide guidance and leadership necessary to ensure the needs of guests and employees are met to the high standards of SEA including verbal and physical disputes, disorderly behavior, unauthorized entry, theft, lost children and lost articles.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including but not limited to use of personal protective equipment, lifting, driving, and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Consistently demonstrates courteous and professional behavior in all work aspects with all team members and guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The perks of the position:
- College degree or equivalent military, law enforcement or security experience required.
- Three (3) years supervisory/management experience in Security, Law Enforcement, Military or related field.
- Experience in Loss Prevention, training, investigative procedures and court system preferred.
- Valid State Driver's License with driving record that meets requirements of the SEA driving policy.
- Must have or become CPR/AED and First Aid certified; State license(s) and applicable certification(s) required.
- Must complete OC Spray and Handcuff training and obtain a certification through a class provided by Sesame Place.
- Possess ability to define problems, collect accurate data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Pennsylvania ACT 235 Certification Strongly Preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to motivate people.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of applicable local, state and federal ordinances as it applies to security and law enforcement.
- Must have experience in conducting training on security policies and procedures; general understanding of common safety requirement.
- Must have experience in loss prevention and investigative procedures.
- Must be ability to work rotating shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must not have received discipline during the previous 12 months resulting in suspension or final counseling
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- Paid Floating Holidays
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!