Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing! What it takes to succeed:
What you get to do:
- At least an Associate of Applied Science from an AVMA-accredited veterinary technology program
- Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT) in the State of Florida, RVT in another state, or ability to acquire certification within one year of date of hire
- At least 3 years of experience as a Veterinary Technician
- Previous experience with zoo and aquatic species preferred
- Proficiency with anesthesia of multiple species preferred
- Valid state driver’s license and be able to obtain a company driver’s license
- Ability to lift, push, pull at least 30 pounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Available to work varying shifts or hours based on park hours; i.e. be able to work opening and closing shifts
- Ability to assist with after-hours emergencies, as needed
As a 365 day/year operation, candidates are expected to provide flexible availability to support year-round operating needs. This may include, but is not limited to, working opening, mid-day and closing shifts during peak and non-peak seasons, as well as weekends and holidays. The perks of the position:
- Assist veterinary staff with medical care for a diverse collection of marine mammals, birds, small terrestrial mammals and fish, as well as a robust rescue program for marine mammals, birds and turtles
- Maintain diagnostic equipment and hospital, maintain daily schedule of appointments
- Maintain Necropsy facilities and supplies
- Assist with anesthesia and monitoring of diverse taxa (marine mammals, avian, fish, other mammals)
- Assist with collection of diagnostic samples in multiple species
- Prepare for and assist veterinarians with medical, surgical, and necropsy procedures
- Provide surgical assistance and anesthetic monitoring
- Perform radiology procedures in the hospital and in animal habitats
- Maintain hospital and equipment in ‘ready’ condition
- Perform pharmaceutical and consumable supply inventories
- Assist with coordination of preventive medicine
- Assist in maintaining all animal records
- Assist with animal strandings, diagnostics and treatment of animals in the rescue and rehabilitation program as needed
- Perform other tasks as assigned
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team!
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!