San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
Tampa Bay, FL
Director, Capital Planning
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Corporate
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director, Capital Planning will lead the capital planning process across all 12 of the Company’s theme parks. This position will be responsible for establishing the reporting and cash flow forecast process and maintaining the Company’s short and long term capital plan. This position will routinely work with varying levels of management at both the corporate office and the parks. The position will perform multiple functions to include but not limited to:
• Responsible for maintaining the Company’s capital plan
• Establish timely reporting around capital spend
• Establish a process for detailed project forecasting and project management
• Manage capital project documentation and ensure we are in compliance with internal policies
• Maintain the Company’s 5-year capital plan
• Support the annual budget development process related to capital spending
• Special projects and other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time; climb up and down stairs multiple times each day; and lift up to 25 lbs.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekend hours as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education & Credentials & Technology, Work Activities
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in a related field
• MBA or Master’s degree in economics/finance preferred
• Must have a proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in a team environment
• Must have at least 5 years of relevant business experience (e.g., financial planning and analysis, financial modeling, accounting)
• Experience with SAP and Business Objects or other data warehouse tools preferred
• Strong background in financial planning and analysis as well as capital planning preferred...
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Must have strong analytical and computer modeling skills (Excel)
• Must be a strategic and conceptual thinker
• Must be quantitatively inclined and detail oriented
• Must have understanding of financial theory and the relationship among financial statements
• Must be able to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization
• Must be able to manage own time and the time of others.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills
• Must have ability to adapt to changes in a fast paced work environment
• Must have ability to work independently while demonstrating sound judgment and decision-making skills to ensure quality of work meets expected quality standards
• Must have experience leading multiple processes and diverse teams
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Cooperation: Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Dependability: Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Independence: Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
• Adaptability/Flexibility: Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
• Must be able to work across corporate departments, park teams and multiple levels of leadership
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or phone calls. We consider any resume (CV) or any other material received from an agency without prior approval from a member of our legal recruiting department to be unsolicited and such submissions will not be recognized by the company or establish "ownership" of the candidate.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Corporate
Full Time Salaried
Apply For This Job