Do you have a passion for protecting others? Do you have the leadership skills and experience it takes to oversee an exceptional team of security professionals? Our you committed to maintaining calm and order in the most challenging circumstances? Then we’ve got your next assignment! We’re looking for a dedicated, diligent and driven individual to lead security services throughout our park.What you get to do:
As a Security Captain, you will supervise the daily operations during an assigned shift in the Security Department while enthusiastically representing SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, maintaining a high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
What it takes to succeed:
- Ensures excellent customer service by responding to customer requirements, expectations and needs.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as guarding and patrolling physical property, orientating and monitoring of personnel involved with classified information, and investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Confers with leadership team to formulate policies, determine need for programs, and coordinates programs with park activity.
- Confers with representatives of local government agencies to ensure cooperation and coordination of park activities with law enforcement agencies.
- Directs activities of workers involved in industrial safety programs, and workers engaged in performing building maintenance and janitorial services.
- Tracks worked hours and reports labor expenses to Director; oversees area budget.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Other duties as assigned.
The perks of the position:
- At least 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2-3 years Security leadership experience
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Ability to positively interact with guests and co-workers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or language, and individuals with special needs.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Currently have or ability to obtain C.P.R., First Aid, A.E.D. certificates; Guard Card and Firearms permit
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, early mornings and late evenings
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to stand/walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team:
- Paid Floating Holidays
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!